No announcement yet.

Saving a Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the brakes workin! very low pedal however which is odd but it stops well. Drove around aimlessly last night, went to Starbucks and stopped at a friend's house. Then took her to work today to put some miles on. 85 so far, no issues!

I'm going to chalk it up to being an older master and an early booster which does not have an internally adjustable rod. When I get back I plan to buy a brand new OEM master and source a good late model booster from a 90-92 car which has an adjustable rod.

It looks like I'll see y'all at SoWo! wish me luck, 1000 miles from Connecticut to GA is a hell of a shakedown!
    Last edited by getamongst-it; 05-13-2013, 09:39 AM.
    Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• I wanna see some updated pics of this beautiful creation
      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• I just drove a 26 year old car that I've worked on for the past 6 months straight over 2000 miles with no issues, 17 hours each way, and got 35mpg, all while going 75-80+.

To say I feel accomplished is an understatement. It was awesome as always seeing my southern buddies and meeting some new faces as well!

I'll leave these iPhone pans here for now but hopefully I'll get some proper photos of the car this weekend.

Last edited by getamongst-it; 05-21-2013, 12:49 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• I sure hope there is more to come with this and that isn't the end, it's a beauty.

Comment

• Amazing build. Cleanest car I've seen all week!
            '94 Nissan Altima GXE
            '00 Ford Mustang GT | Domestic-Bunny

I make music and gaming videos in Cali. @ktfright

youtube.com/ktfright | ktf.bandpage.com

Comment

• Originally posted by edirty6eddie View Post
              I sure hope there is more to come with this and that isn't the end, it's a beauty.
              Originally posted by ktfright View Post
              Amazing build. Cleanest car I've seen all week!
              thanks!

There certainly is much more to come you'll be seeing this car around. I love driving it! There are some interior/exterior details I didn't have time to take care of that I plan on continuing with. I also have my eye on another set of wheels that I've wanted since their debut, but these are cutting it for now.

As far as mechanically, after the trip I've found I definitely need inner tie rods, and an upgraded clutch & flex plate with the added power of the bumped-up fuel, air, and less drag from accessories being gone.
              Last edited by getamongst-it; 05-21-2013, 04:02 PM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Its official I am in love.
                Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• i like where this is going

Comment

• wow congrats man, you should be very proud that looks top notch!
                    Dubber from the PNW
                    Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39429
                    Daily Thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39066

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
                      Its official I am in love.
                      Originally posted by 96CD7 View Post
                      i like where this is going
                      Originally posted by cdiddydo View Post
                      wow congrats man, you should be very proud that looks top notch!
                      thanks fellas! I'm super happy with it.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Originally posted by getamongst-it View Post

The egg-crate look you see on the sunroof panel is the stamping used to stiffen it because that is actually a piece of sheet metal that snaps into the underside of the sunroof. Unfortunately when recovering it, I couldn't come up with a way to fill all that in while still keeping it flexible enough to reinstall, but maybe someday I'll pop it off and get creative with some foam. For now it doesn't bother me.
                        I'm sorry, I really like most of the work done here but this looks terrible. With all the attention to detail and cleanliness everywhere else, the headliner just looks rushed and out of place.

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsaCorolla View Post
                          I'm sorry, I really like most of the work done here but this looks terrible. With all the attention to detail and cleanliness everywhere else, the headliner just looks rushed and out of place.
                          best I could do with an incredibly brittle, broken 26 year-old piece of 1/16" thick styrofoam! and some $10/yd microfleece. There is no such thing as a good-looking MKII headliner. It's definitely something I'd like to revisit in the future though.

It's not for everyone, I know I wanted it red. I felt it matched the 90s vibe and the brand new royal red carpet. I like criticism though, thanks!

here is a pre-paint photo I was holding onto that also shows the hybrid MK2 upper - MK3 lower center console I made:
                          Last edited by getamongst-it; 05-22-2013, 09:52 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Congratulations on the road trip, job well done. You've certainly earned the right to say that much.
                            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                            Originally posted by Ollie
                            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by getamongst-it View Post
                              best I could do with an incredibly brittle, broken 26 year-old piece of 1/16" thick styrofoam! and some $10/yd microfleece. There is no such thing as a good-looking MKII headliner. It's definitely something I'd like to revisit in the future though.

It's not for everyone, I know I wanted it red. I felt it matched the 90s vibe and the brand new royal red carpet. I like criticism though, thanks!

here is a pre-paint photo I was holding onto that also shows the hybrid MK2 upper - MK3 lower center console I made:
                              Ah I missed the part about having red carpet, guess it's not so bad when it has something to tie it in. It wasn't really the color that bugged me though, or even the headliner as a whole, just the sunroof. I would have tried to smooth it or fill the dents with something that could be removed later if wanted. Could you use spray foam or something light and easy to fill to "hide" the holes? Any pics of what the insert looks like without material so other could shoot some ideas/suggestion your way?

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsaCorolla View Post
                                Ah I missed the part about having red carpet, guess it's not so bad when it has something to tie it in. It wasn't really the color that bugged me though, or even the headliner as a whole, just the sunroof. I would have tried to smooth it or fill the dents with something that could be removed later if wanted. Could you use spray foam or something light and easy to fill to "hide" the holes? Any pics of what the insert looks like without material so other could shoot some ideas/suggestion your way?
                                def was thinking something along those lines. I have to adjust the sunroof so that panel has to come out again but it was more important to me just having something in there for the trip down to SoWo rather than a gaping hole. It's tough because the part you see there that's covered is actually a thin sheet of stamped steel that you have to bend, slide into the track, then clip into the actual sliding sunroof panel above it. so whatever I do to it, it needs to remain flexible.

I have another one so I'll see if I can get a pic of it. The material that typically covers it from the factory is a thicker vinyl, that has a seam in the center with a flap that is pulled through so it's glued from the middle as well.
                                Last edited by getamongst-it; 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Working...
                                X