No announcement yet.

Saving a Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just read the whole thread. lovely car!!! it seems like you have that affinity i think we all want with our cars. put the time in and just enjoy them.

Comment

• Thanks dude! I love this car and I'm certainly committed to keeping it and driving it as much as possible.

I'm sure lots of the pictures don't even work anymore, been hosting them on Tumblr for years. They're all still there but they changed some of their syntax in their older weblinks.

Here's the URL if you're curious: http://getamongst-this.tumblr.com
      Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Hi everyone.

My interest in the internet lately and mainly social media has been so minimal besides memes, but I am going to throw some photos up here because we should probably bring back forum activity since Instragram murdered it and I refuse to participate in that. lol.

I've made a couple small changes to the car, but I'm still driving it as often as possible and loving every minute.

Last edited by getamongst-it; 08-14-2018, 09:27 AM. Reason: photo added

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• So the biggest changes thus far have been the new wheels and installation of the chrome transmission. The transmission had a .80 5th gear but I had a .76 in my old trans so I swapped that out for max cruising.

Here's some shots showing how the bay currently looks with the painted/completed dummy plate where the battery used to be, how the wheels are sitting on the car, and the stud conversion that went along with them to break up the silver on the white car. I went with some anodized black Mishimoto lugnuts and have been very happy with them for about $80 shipped. Per wheel they each have a 7-sided locking lugnut.

Fresh clutch disc from South Bend because the other one was murdered and Competition Clutch doesn't stock the parts to make these anymore:

Snagged a chrome starter from the guy who sold me the transmission, which shit out on me after 6 months so I need to get that rebuilt.

Stud conversion with Mishimoto lugnuts:

Next up on the list is to redo the brakes because they're pathetic vented 9.1". I'll be going with some G60 calipers and Zimmerman cross-drilled/slotted rotors. I also have a couple of other shiny bits that I'll be installing to the engine bay I got from my buddy Sam Wood before he moved back to the UK.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• This is niiice
            I have a soft spot for mk2 jetta coupes, if it wasn't such a rare car in Italy I'd have gotten one as a daily driver

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• those fifteen52s look perfect on your car

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                This is niiice
                I have a soft spot for mk2 jetta coupes, if it wasn't such a rare car in Italy I'd have gotten one as a daily driver
                Thank you!

Always been my favorite MK2 although it took me owning 2 other 4dr Jettas to get to this one.

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                those fifteen52s look perfect on your car
                Thanks! That's been the consensus from my local friends as well. I have a huge soft spot for the RHs and will probably never get rid of them unless the right buyer comes along, but these seem to suit this particular car better.
                Last edited by getamongst-it; 08-14-2018, 02:40 PM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Working...
                X