Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust

Rust deleted

And laid some filler over the welds. GAME TIME.

Comment

• Everytime I see progress I want an e21 even more!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
      Originally posted by nickskater09
      I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

• They're certainly fun cars to own. Can't wait to get some paint on this thing

Comment

• i wish i could buy nelson from you.

Comment

• Is it ok to put filler over primer? I've been nervous too but it would make my life 100x easier.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• I've done it lots of times. Says you can on the can it came in. That said, I sanded back down to the metal in the center and the outsides will be sanded back down anyways. (if that makes any sense)

Comment

• Looking good Cory. Welding is probably one of the most useful skills you can have when you're doing a build.

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see the paint.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
                  Yeah no kidding. I "learned" on a super junky one that doesn't use gas with a mask that doesn't auto-dim. Then last night it was a Lincoln mig with an auto-dimming mask. Now I'm not afraid of welding. Now I'll probably be buying some dumb old car to do a chop top on or something one day.
                  Amen on that. Fabrication is so fun & good machine makes a world of difference.

I have a few friends who are expert fabricators & welders for a living, from what I've been told with body work it's always best to spot weld with a mig bit by bit, skipping spaces but make sure to get a good fill. Running a continuous bead will cause warping but you seem like you have the heat & wire speed about right for a good solid fill. nice work Cory

this is about where I'm at too, gotta fill a few spots & drill a few new holes to get my trim sittin pretty
                  Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• I did spot welds on the quarters the whole time. Ran a continuous bead on the little patch on the valance because I'm covering all of that up anyways and wasn't too worried about it warping a bit, just wanted to keep it from rotting further.

Comment

• Looking really good man.

Welding is a dark art that I've yet to master.

Comment

• So I've got this euro BMW motorsport front bumper/valance deal I bought a while back. Been doing some sanding and fitting to it. It got warped in shipping. I'll be making some brackets to help it keep its form and stay firmly mounted anyways.

Comment

• Bastard! It's beautiful!
                          I dislike Byron.

Comment

• car is gonna look good. Those motorsport front ends are hard to find. The repro ones they make now are fiberglass I think.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

• moving along nicely. does that front valence actually go with this chassis or is it from a completely different car ? +1 for a good retrofit.
                              C280 Build Thread
                              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• It actually goes to this car. And it's an actual BMW part too. Made of abs plastic and stamped with a roundel on both sides. Might retrofit a rear bumper though.

Comment

Working...
                                X