No announcement yet.

Dear Darla, I **** your stinkin' guts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Darla, I **** your stinkin' guts.

With Hank the Tank's build coming to a close, I needed a replacement and was looking to get into something a bit sportier. I had been trolling craigslist when this E21 popped up in Alabama just a couple hours away. The pictures and description looked good and the price was right, so we went to check her out. The guy had it advertised as a 320i then told me the entire interior had been swapped from an iS. Ok cool, whatever. Looked like a factory install to me. It drove well, so 1200 bucks and about 45 minutes later, I was on the way back home with her. I later found out that the interior was original and it was in fact a 320iS but some county clerk somewhere forgot to put the S on the end of the title, leading the previous owner to have no idea what the hell he was talking about. Within 10 miles of home the car decided to sputter and smoke and act dumb, so that made it a girl car. But she was also small and fun to drive, so that made her a little rascal.

So, meet Darla.

Sport wheels, big ole dumb bumpers, and tanzit paint in all her original glory and patina.

The interior is in pretty great shape for its age. There are a couple minor cracks on the dash and the driver's seat bolster is torn up, but that is to be expected.

Especially when the bolsters in question are Recaro love handle huggers.

It came with a nearly complete big tool kit...

A Cali smog swag m10...

A fuel-throwing straw robot...

And a sports bra to keep her headlights comfortably in place when she goes for a jog. The net also protects the grille from malaria and other mosquito-born diseases you may encounter on the open road.

Planning on driving her around stock for now. When Hank sells I'll have a little spending money to start on upgrades and such, but that'll be a little while down the road.

dope.

Comment

C-hutchinson, I miss you.
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

And I miss you, sir. Your legend is mind-blowing by the way.

Comment

Can't wait to see her through the process. Instead of stock I vote for cut springs and bumperless. That only cost time.

<3 RAF

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
          Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

The other build is good. So this one will be good as well! Nice pick up
            Last edited by milano_red; 07-12-2012, 02:29 AM.

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
            Originally posted by nickskater09
            I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

I love where this is going! 320is is quite a find nowadays!

///M3 drivers have no friends! -Jeremy Clarkson....

Comment

Your legend is mind-blowing by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by evilstar View Post
                  Can't wait to see her through the process. Instead of stock I vote for cut springs and bumperless. That only cost time.
                  I would, but 1. it currently rides awesome, i can bomb over bumps, and it's easy to jack up. that last one especially because I plan on doing some maintenance in the early stages of ownership. 2. keeping bumpers because this car has tiny tires and an lsd, which means it's a drift car in the rain, and i'm not that great at it yet, so if i bump something I won't mind the added 7 extra feet of length for protection for ends of the car.
                  <3 RAF
                  Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                  The other build is good. So this one will be good as well! Nice pick up
                  I think it will, and thanks!
                  Originally posted by Topazkd View Post
                  I love where this is going! 320is is quite a find nowadays!
                  Yeah I lucked out for sure.

Comment

Awwwww yeeeeee
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Looks like a real nice score. I have nothing else to say this thread bores me.

That bra looks functional.

Comment

love e21's. i want that interior bad!!!

Comment

Didn't know the radios were vertical on these. that is a cool thing.

Nice find manbro.

Comment

Can't wait to see her slammed to the tits with dirty fitment.
                            - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

That bra looks like it should fit a woman of much greater girth.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Working...
                              X