This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Me on First-Gen Imprezas

Hypothetically, if I were in the market for one, what should I look for/watch out for/etc.?
    Originally posted by da3bous
    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

your a dreamer eh?

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

curiosity is not allowed eh?

Srs though. The E36 is not in the condition the seller made it out to be when I bought it, so little things keep popping up and I'm getting frustrated. Not that I'm saying I'm selling it or any of that shit, just looking around to what I might be interested in if I was to sell/trade it.
      Last edited by schroedin; 01-07-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Condition of roundels

Chassis # ending in 30

That lovable character that is.. well lovable

Conditon of Chariot, as in fit to be God's Chariot

Flickr

Comment

what do you mean look/watch out for?

with first gens its very easy. find an impreza L, you can get a non running one CHEAP.

you can then find a tranny and motor for around 2 grand for the both.

Comment

Originally posted by schroedin View Post

Srs though. The E36 is not in the condition the seller made it out to be when I bought it, so little things keep popping up and I'm getting frustrated. Not that I'm saying I'm selling it or any of that shit, just looking around to what I might be interested in if I was to sell/trade it.
            Thats just part of owning and older e36/or even bimmer.

I owned an old 96' outback and it was a champ. Subis' are unstoppable in the snow and I never had a problem with mine while I owned it.

Comment

My friend has a gc8, 2000 2.5rs straight from a Subie dealer. Dude I swear to god this fool must've had it for about 5 months now and he's had probably 6 check engine lights since he's had it. But most the time his mechanic says its just how he drives, because the only problems he's had is 02 sensor went out and cat went out.

its the same with any car i guess, just look for well maintained ones that arent salvaged and have plenty of receipts to prove the maintenance.

bottom line:2.5rs slower then e36 but grips and handles likes a MTFN bitch ahah if you enjoy twisties gc8 is awdsome

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

Originally posted by schroedin View Post

Schroed-load, thats what an e36 is, it was built to fall apart, my rear defuser fell off the other week somewhere between my house in boston and school in providence, I think haha, takes a real man to love a car that is constantly losing itself on the highway

Comment

Originally posted by DuWerk View Post
                  Schroed-load, thats what an e36 is, it was built to fall apart, my rear defuser fell off the other week somewhere between my house in boston and school in providence, I think haha, takes a real man to love a car that is constantly losing itself on the highway
                  I guess BMW must have shipped you guys the cars that didn't meet their quality checks, then.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by DuWerk View Post
                    All of my side moldings are falling off

Comment

Head gaskets in earlier years. Those fail quite often. 02 sensors and cats go out at 100k like timers. Also timing belts.. Other than that they are strong.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
                      you sir, win this battle.
                      “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Working...
                      X