Advice - Just double checking before committing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice - Just double checking before committing

I've done all the calcs and I'm pretty sure they're gunna fit, but before letting my wallet spill i thought it wouldn't hurt to ask the experts!

BMW E30
    15x8 +5

205 or 215/50 or 45/R15

Will the wheels fit without rolling guards etc?
    How far off am I with tyre choice?

Like i said i did check but thought i should double check!

Cheers guys

I would use a 195/45 not a 205/50, that's a big tire.

I'm not an expert on E30 offsets, but you might need a minor roll, but that really depends on your height I think. I'm not really the person to consult on that.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

my volvo rubs with stock 235s on 8s dont know about e30s though
      Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
      The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
      P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

This is where I'm going for wheels...
        This domain name is registered and secured with Crazy Domains, a world leader domain name and web hosting provider.

And this is what I'm looking at...
        This domain name is registered and secured with Crazy Domains, a world leader domain name and web hosting provider.

The next step down is a 15x7 +20

Really wanted to maintain the 8" but I'm glad I asked first lol.

Any others out there with E30 experience?

EDIT: I guess going a 15 wouldn't be all that bad... would save me a little on tyres i guess

EDIT 2: Oh yeah and in answer to how low, low enough to scrape my sump on speed bumps, not low enough to leave it behind if that helps
        Last edited by joeseinfeld; 07-02-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

What you have is fine, you'll need to roll the rear fenders at least though. 205/50 is the way to go with the height you want, 195/45 would be too small.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
            What you have is fine, you'll need to roll the rear fenders at least though. 205/50 is the way to go with the height you want, 195/45 would be too small.
            Hmm i wasn't keen on having to roll guards...

What if i went the 16x8 +15's? Means i'll have to fork over an extra 25 per wheel which i guess isn't too bad, but then I'm spending more on tyres later on!

Comment

Why don't you want to roll? It doesn't change the outward appearance at all and if you do it correctly it doesn't even hurt the paint.

Et15 would work, but would sit less flush and might still rub depending on how chunky the tires you get are. Sportmax wheels come in the specs you're considering and there are a ton of e30s rolling on them. Take a look around and see how they fit.

Comment

Why don't you want to roll? It doesn't change the outward appearance at all and if you do it correctly it doesn't even hurt the paint.

Et15 would work, but would sit less flush and might still rub depending on how chunky the tires you get are. Sportmax wheels come in the specs you're considering and there are a ton of e30s rolling on them. Take a look around and see how they fit.
                Say i went the 16x8 +15's, what tyre would i need?

From my calcs the tyre would have to be super wide to make sure my speedo doesn't need to be recalibrated... not sure if it's right because I'm sure people have run under 245's on 16x8's without they're speedo being out?

Comment

any other suggestions? was really keen on going the otomoto due to the price

Comment

e30 speedos will be off no matter what, they're almost 30 year old technology. They read fast from the factory.

205/50 is still the tire I'd go with since the only thing you're changing is the offset.

Comment

e30 speedos will be off no matter what, they're almost 30 year old technology. They read fast from the factory.

205/50 is still the tire I'd go with since the only thing you're changing is the offset.
                      Actually yer you're right, it's 7kmh out at the moment anyway.

I've been trying to search for pics of E30's with 15's and a bigger tyre to see how much worse they really look than 16's and it varies so much.

For example Mesh type wheels in 15's seem small, but if it's like a borbet type A wheel, it looks fine... decisions decisions!

Comment

Working...
                      X