tire confusion .......help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire confusion .......help!

Hello I hope you guys can help me ........I have a set of wheels I bought off of craigslist ($150 FTW!) for my e36. They are 16x7 et17 and my problem is that I am not sure what size tire to go with. I am leaning towards a 205/45/16 tire ...will that be too small a sidewall ?

Depends what you wanna do with 'em and if you want to keep the roll out the same.
    Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
    Internet high five for you.

Comment

I'm going to drop the car on coils and I want a little stretch and poke.

Comment

In that case a 205 width tyre will be too wide if you want to go for some poke, a 185/55 might be a good option, anything less will look dumb on an e36. Have a look on tyrestretch.com an see what takes your fancy.

Comment

So the 55 series tire wont be to tall? My stock BMW style 30 wheels are on 225/50/16 tires and those tires would probably rub if I mounted them on these wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by vigorpat View Post
            So the 55 series tire wont be to tall? My stock BMW style 30 wheels are on 225/50/16 tires and those tires would probably rub if I mounted them on these wheels.
            No, not at all. The second measurement after the width is called the aspect ratio and is a percentage of the width, so a 185/55 has a sidewall that measures 55% of 185mm, which is roughly 100mm, whereas a 225/50 will be about 112mm, a big difference.

Comment

Working...
            X