X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub adapter question

I've googled my requirements but cant find anything, this is the car

these are the wheels

so the alfa is 5x98 and the beemer wheels are obviously 5x120, adapter me up if possible, also any idea what the wheels are actually called or are they just standard m3 wheels?

Sorry but im a total stance noob!

Ian

Motorsport Tech is your absolute number one source for wheel adapters, wheel spacers, and hub centric rings. We manufacture the finest adapters in the world, and we do wheel polishing, chroming, powder coating, and color matching, as well as sell wheels and tires at WHOLESALE PRICES.

they are called contours.

Comment

Legend! Many thanks! now for some calculations and ebay mission!

Comment

i highly doubt you will find the adapters on ebay.
        But adaptec can make them, there is a link on the right side of the webpage, they are forum sponsors.

but its easy, you want a 5x98 to 5x120 adapter, that goes from the alfa center bore to the bmw wheels center bore, and then you just need to find what thickness its gonna be.
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Work out your offsets first, then you can see whether you can fit those wheels or not

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
            i highly doubt you will find the adapters on ebay.
            But adaptec can make them, there is a link on the right side of the webpage, they are forum sponsors.

but its easy, you want a 5x98 to 5x120 adapter, that goes from the alfa center bore to the bmw wheels center bore, and then you just need to find what thickness its gonna be.
            all of this. hit me up when you figure out offsets
            If you're ordering custom adapters, call 775.530.2483 to make sure you are getting exactly what you want. Thanks

follow on IG: eurotrashapparel

Comment

ok will do! I have a friend who has some but without tyres, can i just double check i have this right, jack my car up, remover wheel, mount the bmw wheel up to my hub and find a way of making it rest central to the hub, find a flat long object and lay this across the wheel, then measure the point between the inside of the wing and the long flat object, and thats my offset corect?

Many thanks!

Comment

doing that would tell you how thick you want your spacers to be.
                take in to account-
                ride height when weighted/jacked up
                point on arch most likely to catch
                arch rolling in future?
                tyre sizes/stretch

the contours should be 17x7.5 et41
                what year/model is your alfa? it could be anywhere between et30 and 42 originally
                so you Adaptec should be able to come up with something cool the help you
                btw ALL the info i just gave you look less than 2 minutes to google
                have fun.
                Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

Does anyone make a smaller than 30mm hub adapter??? ..... ... I need a 15-20mm hub adapter for 4x114 to 4x100

....... because FWD rotas on RWD rollas

Comment

yes, a quick ebay search brings up 1" (25mm)

other options- get hubs re-drilled, which is pretty simple
                    or see if the mating face has enough meat to get the 1" spacers and machine the faces down
                    or get the 1" and have epic poke, or roll/flare arches, i know not ideal but thats the stance game for you
                    try emailing Adaptecspeedware with your specs
                    hope this helps.
                    Last edited by Buck6687; 07-04-2012, 01:24 AM.
                    Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

Working...
                    X