This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i lay jack point

I have a 00 civic sedan on air struts and its low now but I want it to lay down on its jack point any way to do this with out cutting an rasing the strut tower....thanks
    Last edited by slamedek4dr; 06-20-2012, 04:00 PM.

take the wheels off

build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
      take the wheels off

Yeah. That's the only option.
      salvage cars

Comment

Weld in a lower jack point .......

Comment

haha this guy wants to use a jack to lift his car. cut that jack point off
          -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
          -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
          MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
          Got Drop??

Comment

What air struts are you running? I'm considering switching to air on my integra.
            Click here for a coupon code for 40% off parts from Advance Auto Parts

Comment

john?

any way. idk how air struts work but you need to know whats hanging the car up. are the shocks bottoming out and that is what is not allowing them to go any lower. are the air struts like pick up air shocks? if so raised top hats are an option.
              doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

Jonny, I think I have to notch the front..an I'm using a air cylinders .I put them up next to a coilover an they are a lot shorter so I deff think something is holding me up from goin lower.gotin to tag the car an the put the kit back on...smh take the wheels off .come on

Comment

Air cylinders are going to keep you up. The upper control arm will ultimately hit the cylinder before they bottom out on the body.

Ultimately it's going to take cutting, tubs, and shortened spindle (steering knuckle) and bags integrated or a 6" hydraulic cylinder. There are a few of these on streetsource.
                  Blog for all things low....

http://www.pankaked.com

Comment

i guess it all depends on your setup. i lay jack points and all i did was spin the threads all the way down on the struts lol.
                    I like the tuna here

Comment

Originally posted by slamedek4dr View Post
                      I have a 00 civic sedan on air struts and its low now but I want it to lay down on its jack point any way to do this with out cutting an rasing the strut tower....thanks
                      without cutting? not on a civic.

the toe links will lay on the ground and keep you from going lower long before the rest of the car does.

as for the front, the oil pan, and the crossmember will touch first. and the stock spindles must be sectioned and/or holes in the towers.

and when it's all said and done, the center rails on the unibody will before the jack points. but by then you'll have tubbed it, z'd it, channeled or sectioned it.. so this won't be anything serious.

take it from someone who's been there.. that extra 2 inches just is not fucking worth it. it'll have just has much wow factor and you'll feel just as low without all the down time and fab work.

easy way is to go with a 15" wheel/tire combo. then just screw down the coils and roll out.
                      cut a hole in the front strut towers to avoid bending wheels.

Comment

Agreed. Go with a 15" wheel/tire combo. I did it with my Civic too. By the way you can find here great project cars. I bought my Civic here https://abetter.bid/en/car-finder/ty...da/model-civic

Comment

Working...
                        X