Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is bagging my e30 so expensive? Cheaper routes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I have an E30 but I bagged my E28 completely thru bagriders and Eric's (NegativeCamber) write-up!
    Used a full universal kit from airlift, Rali and the others helped me big time and it costed ~2200$ all together.

Check my sig, that's how it looks.
    *rears could be lower but I ordered the wrong struts, :facepalm*
    I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
      According to BagYard, there is a massive shortage of e30 spindles in Europe to the point where they are almost impossible to find in junkyards. To build an e30 setup BagYard needs to refinish a set of OEM spindles and then build the struts from scratch. The reason they are built to order is because we actually have to send them one of our own sets of e30 spindles first before they can start production. As you can imagine, when people hear this, they aren't too keen on waiting 6+ months for the struts to show up.

Like some of the guys have mentioned previously, your best bet would be to build your own suspension using Air Lift's Universal struts. I would say about 95% of the bagged e30's you see on StanceWorks are using those struts. The rears are pretty simple with a universal bag and aftermarket shocks.
      all of this is true haha
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
        Not that I have an E30 but I bagged my E28 completely thru bagriders and Eric's (NegativeCamber) write-up!
        Used a full universal kit from airlift, Rali and the others helped me big time and it costed ~2200$ all together.

Check my sig, that's how it looks.
        *rears could be lower but I ordered the wrong struts, :facepalm*
        Anyone know if I can get away with that price for an E38?

Hold up, you didn't mention management! DERN IT!
        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by los02 View Post
          Anyone know if I can get away with that price for an E38?

Hold up, you didn't mention management! DERN IT!
          he went with manual valves

Free delivery on air ride kits, shipped in 24 hours. Shop from our huge selection of in-stock air suspension kits, coilovers, air compressors, air bags, fittings and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            Correct me if I"m wrong. But if all I want is up and down then all I need is two switches front/rear right? To compensate for load. Or am oversimplifying it?
            DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
            E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Originally posted by los02 View Post
              Correct me if I"m wrong. But if all I want is up and down then all I need is two switches front/rear right? To compensate for load. Or am oversimplifying it?
              Each paddle valve has it's own fill and dump. If you go with two paddles, it is considered a 4 valve system. With this system, your fronts will share a fill and dump and the rears will share a fill and dump. Due to it's nature, air will transfer from side to side when cornering giving you a lot of body roll. Your best bet is to stick with an 8 valve system (4 paddle valves) where each corner of the car works independently of the others. If you have questions on pricing shoot me a pm or send us an email!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

I am with u ,I too have a E30 or 2 that i would love to bag or even find a recommend spring and shock set up,that doesn't coast what the car coast
                anyone have anything to say or recommend

Comment

Originally posted by rasjgo1 View Post
                  I am with u ,I too have a E30 or 2 that i would love to bag or even find a recommend spring and shock set up,that doesn't coast what the car coast
                  PM'ed
                  Originally posted by HooWybrow
                  Bro, do you even e30?

Comment

Originally posted by rasjgo1 View Post
                    You can go with the Air Lift Universal struts up front, Air House 2 bags in the rear, and manual management for around $1,500 total (with a power supply kit). $1,500 for a full air ride kit isn't expensive considering the BagYard struts for the e30 are $1,571 alone..

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

You can go with the Air Lift Universal struts up front, Air House 2 bags in the rear, and manual management for around $1,500 total (with a power supply kit). $1,500 for a full air ride kit isn't expensive considering the BagYard struts for the e30 are $1,571 alone..
                      Ugghhhh. Stop it.
                      Originally posted by HooWybrow
                      Bro, do you even e30?

Comment

Originally posted by seven-57 View Post
                        God's chariot isn't properly equipped for the roads of Hades in Washington DC.
                        I drive through DC once a week and through NYC 3 times a week, trust me when I say driving low static is MUCH better than bouncing around with 0 psi in the bags.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

And the parts really exist and you can get them quick

Comment

Go 5 lug conv and you can run e36 compact setup. ( e36 front suspension)

Comment

Working...
                            X