No announcement yet.

Atom's 2 door Amazon wagon Project:Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh hooooly sheit!! That copper valve cover is .... well.... epic? It's awesome man!! Love it.

Comment

Sorry, guys. I promise to have a more "fulfilling" update post next time. Hahaha.

Adam

Comment

holy crap, this thread is beyond epic. Copper hard lines coupled with the copper valve cover look tits. I've always loved Amazons, so this has me all sorts of excited. The 2-door looks so perfect, it looks factory! I can't wait to see this baby finished, its already mind-blowing, so finished will be insanity. Keep it up!

Flickr Photostream | My Build Thread | Stalk me on Instagram, yo!

Comment

Any FB guys out there, feel free to LIKE.

Adam

Comment

Cool, thnx for the link!

Comment

Just a quick hold you over pic till I can get a solid post put together.

Adam

Comment

What a nice build man!
                Like the way you made it in to a 2 door ! Looks real nice.!

Those wheels you want will look epic on this..
                I`m curious to see the outcome..

Comment

nice camber shot

Comment

Motherofgod .....man!!! keep on going.....love builds like this

Comment

• Ok guys, here's what I got done this weekend.

Brakes:
                      The Amazon has the brake rotor (thin, small, solid rotor) mounted from behind the hub with the wheel studs pressed through the back of the rotor into the hub holding the two parts together.

So, after some manual pressing (cough cough hammer cough cough) of the studs the two halves can be separated.

I'm gonna use Evo IX rotors which are the correct bolt pattern, 320mm diameter and vented. I'm gonna mount them from the front like a standard rotor, buuuuut, there are a couple issues.

The center of the hub is too big for the center bore of the rotor

and the flange is too big to fit in the recess of the rotor

So, after some quick machining by my good buddy Jake I got both dia. turned down to fit. Then I pressed the studs back through the hub leaving the extra shank protruding through the face of the hub.

Then I sourced a 21/32" drill bit (man, was that an ordeal) and drilled out the lug holes to accommodate the extra shank and voila big rotor on Amazon hub!

Next I trimmed the back of the dust shield in preparation for the Volvo S60R Brembo 4 piston calipers.

I made a temporary mount to measure the offset and olt spacing for the adapters I'll have to have machined and to also check the wheel clearance.

And rear subframe:

I got a Nissan S13 rear dropout subframe and it already had some sort of knockoff lower control arms.

I didn't really take a bunch of pictures of the solid axle removal since I only had a day to get this swap done, but surprisingly enough I only had to trim the frame in one spot on each side (disclaimer: the strut install will require a bunch more cutting).

Front mounts tie the frame box to the rocker box.

Rear mounts tie into an already existing crossmember after I cut out the factory panhard bar mount.

At first I was like "this'll never work"

But then camber saved the day.

I may have the subframe mounted lower than it is normally, but I love rear camber so I dropped it down a bit.

Everything is just moderately tacked until I can spend a few hours taking a zillion measurements to be sure everything is square under there and then I can finalize the boxing in and start the upper strut mounts. Next I'm gonna spend some time massaging the wheel wells and inner liners for clearance.

Adam

Comment

• Thats a crazy mothaf** build! 've never really liked the amazon-design, but this is just so sick, I have to like it! gonna keep watching here, so continue you're fabulous work man!
                        '97 BMW E39
                        '92 Honda Civic HB

Comment

• Comment

• so awesome cant wait to see more!

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                            Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• I think some widness on the rear fenders would look awesome.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• Besides the fact that I converted it to two door, I'm trying to keep my exterior mods stock looking. I might push the wheel well out a hair, but adding width to just the rear looks "off" (can't think of a better term) on these to me. I kinda like the smooth flattish sides.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                                X