No announcement yet.

Atom's 2 door Amazon wagon Project:Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God yeah. Can't wait for more progress! And the renderings look fantastic.

Comment

i love the "i want my gas filler behind my taillight cover" attention to detail! i love it, are you from sweden?

Comment

Amazing! Sub'd

Comment

Comment

^^^ agree!!!

Comment

Hey guys, Thanks for all the compliments. I've been building cars and generally customizing them for quite some time now. I've always been a fan of the underdog, even in most of my cars. This build is an evolution of my own builds and I think I've got what I want in a car dialed in. Each one wasn't quite there, but I learned a lot with each one. With my T-Type turbo Buick it was all about max Hp, and it lost a lot of drivability. It also handled like crap. Next I got my EK Civic, I wanted better handling and had come to the realization that max HP isn't as important in a daily driver as I'd thought. I got this car to handle like it was on rails, but it didn't have any HP. Hahaha. Then I got something more in between and also my first Volvo. It was a 1996 850R. It handled pretty well with some suspension upgrades and had decent power. This car brought me back to turbos and I'm back to stay. After completely upgrading everything on this car from top to bottom I didn't like it. It was "too nice". I was always worried about messing something up. Also, I felt kind of detached while driving it. So, I went older and cheaper. Bought an '88 Volvo 245 and started building all my own suspension parts and added a turbo with mild performance mods. This was getting me really close. Handles very well decent power and just "beat" enough to not have to be worried about it. I love it, but it too has it's issues. It doesn't have much character and being an ogre sized gentleman the front doors are kind of small.
              I added some character with paint and it's been better. The Amazon should have plenty of dependable power, lots of character and handle well. I'm pretty excited about it. I promise to do my best to keep you guys updated here as often as possible.

Adam

Comment

Cant wait to see more updates! Looks awesome so far.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Itsahyundai View Post
                  This, this, and more this.

Excuse me, MOAR*

Comment

Manx the stature of this build is so grand.

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Great project, love the bodywork so far...

Comment

Between other side work this week I'm gonna start final engine assembly. I have some interesting ideas on the aesthetics of the engine and the car as a whole. Even though it's a '66 it has styling like a '40s car. I wanted to make a lot of the engine and interior styling like a P51 mustang (or similar vintage aircraft). The engine will be black, raw metal, cloth covered lines and hard lines. Might try to bring some copper into it somehow.

Adam

Comment

^ yes please

Comment

can't wait to see the finished project.

Comment

Sub'd, this is great

Comment

Originally posted by Atom View Post
                                I know this isn't the typical StanceIWorks type of build, but maybe you guys would like to see it. Especially since the renderings my buddy Luke Jones made have been making the internet rounds.
                                i'm sorry but why would you think we wouldn't want to see this?
                                That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Working...
                                X