No announcement yet.

Atom's 2 door Amazon wagon Project:Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little more dash work. Trimmed down the interface plates, added spacers to accommodate upholstery materials and a bit of air so they don’t squeak or anything.

Regular resin

Add thixotropic

More work tomorrow before work maybe

Comment

• been wanting to get into fiberglass/epoxy/resin work for a while, watching this is great

Comment

• Took some time this morning and on lunch to take measurements as best I can. The depth measurements are accurate. The inner surface of the two bellhousings are just “best I can” measurements. I scribed every inch going in (then two more at half inch in the Getrag).

Then I broke out the trust old “large scale” MDF calipers

Took a bunch of measurements

Converted the measurements to 2D CAD

Overlaid the two

Looks like the M20 throw out bearing contact surface will line right up with the B5254T clutch fingers.

I won’t be able to set final depth until the clutch slave cylinder shows up to measure resting depth. If my math/understanding is right, if I put a spacer between the flywheel and pressure plate that is the thickness of the clutch disk minus frictions (at least to the rivets) than tighten the pressure plate down, the finger height should be the maximum “stack height” and should be where the throw out bearing surface rest depth is. Correct? (Does that even make sense)

Comment

• Always love getting a box-full-o-parts!

Comment

• Hmmm, all the measurements and technical info looks great but have you tried just smushing them together?
            Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
              Hmmm, all the measurements and technical info looks great but have you tried just smushing them together?
              I usually wait until all the measurement shenanigans don’t work. Then I smoosh

Comment

• I love all the drawings and sheit (giant mdf caliper got me LOLin') but if I said I understood wtf are you trying to discover I'd be the biggest liar

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                  I love all the drawings and sheit (giant mdf caliper got me LOLin') but if I said I understood wtf are you trying to discover I'd be the biggest liar
                  Stay tuned

Comment

• Some more dash work. I didn’t place the ribs exactly right (protrusion wise), but it’ll be good enough. I plan on adding a “chrome” (polished aluminum) strip between the top and bottom half. Black top, red bottom.

Reference:

Now for the foam

And roughed to shape

Next I’ll resin coat it to make it a bit more rigid, then start filling.

Comment

• Some powder coating and concept work.

Adding brass cap nuts to accent the cam cover bolts

Ran a pipe tap down the PCV nipple to add a flare adapter to copper pipe. Waiting on a spring bender to show up before I route it.

Single stage “chrome” powdercoat on the lower intake

Comment

• Since Pick N Pull is have 40% off for members this weekend, I went back and grabbed the oil pan off of that 960. Man, Volvo really wanted to be sure it stayed attached. Sooo many bolts! This is the only RWD configuration for the “whiteblock” (modular) Volvo engine, so typical usage is to section a chunk out of the middle (since this is a six cylinder) to use for 5 cylinder RWD swaps. I’ll probably need to make an ARC Asylum style crossmember to clear the rear sump.

I’m not entirely sure which pan configuration will work for me, or even if this pan will work on an RNC block, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Comment

• Please tell me more was holding that car up than a Jeep wheel and a donut spare? Dsh looks awesome already
                          2 328i e36's
                          Saabaru linear 2.5na
                          Various projects.
                          sigpic
                          Intro;
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                            Please tell me more was holding that car up than a Jeep wheel and a donut spare? Dsh looks awesome already
                            I mean, it’s Pick n Pull. That’s kinda the deal.

Comment

• That's sketchy haha, for the sake of us watching your build, bring a jackstand next time
                              2 328i e36's
                              Saabaru linear 2.5na
                              Various projects.
                              sigpic
                              Intro;
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Getting the mock-up front clip ready to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X