No announcement yet.

Atom's 2 door Amazon wagon Project:Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this thing is tits! have you found a solution for the radiator fitment?
    Last edited by Chuckdee; 05-20-2013, 01:25 AM.
    sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• sofuckincool

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
      http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• Originally posted by softg View Post
        I love this project, and ever since the boys at koenigsegg did theirs I've been infatuated with 2 door amazon wagons. brilliant work and a great outcome you have going here I just can't get past the wheels, maybe I just **** that they remind me of those torque thrusts. I know that they're rollers so I'm super curious as to what you're thinking for the permanent set, and specs. are you refinishing the interior as well? copper accents? tweed and leather? man I love this thing
        The wheels will eventually be the American Racing Salt Flats that are in the original rendering. I want to narrow the rear subframe a bit before I spec them out so I can get a little more lip. I loooove lip on my wheels. Interior is gonna be a mix of charcoal vinyl, aluminum sheet w/rivits, deep red loop carpet and wood slats on the hatch floor similar to an old truck bed.

Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
        this thing is tits! have you found a solution for the radiator fitment?
        We're just gonna make a few more mods to the radiator I've got to get things to clear/line up better. I'll be running a pair of fans in front of the intercooler as "pushers" and I think it'll do just fine.

Adam

Comment

• Lovely build. enjoyed reading it thus far very much. Keep up the great work
          Ever need help slamming your car in Ithaca, NY

Hit Me Up!

-Dan

Comment

• The distance from the firewall to the intake is a bit further than a 240, so I need to change up the throttle linkage a bit. I had a buddy give me some bike parts and I'm gonna work out something like this

The throttle cable will connect to the big sprocket and I'll fine tune the ratio so that the cable/pedal throw corresponds to the correct amount of throttle body linkage rotation. Nice and "mechanical", just the way I like it.

Adam

Comment

• I love this thread. The copper hardlines add such a industrial feel to the whole car. Love it. Thanks for the updates.

Comment

• If anyone wants to help a guy out, the IPd photo contest is going on right now through this weekend. No need to sign up for anything, just click and vote. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Link: http://www.ipdusa.com/blogs/295/2013-photo-contest
                Or just click HERE
                Last edited by Atom; 06-12-2013, 08:16 AM. Reason: Correct link

Comment

• This build is f*cking stupid awesome. I like the rendering with the salt flat style wheels the best though, if I'm being honest. But still a sick as shit build. Love the copper tubing.
                  Owner/Head Builder & Tech - Chuck N' Dick's Garage, Richmond, Va

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuckNDicks View Post
                    This build is f*cking stupid awesome. I like the rendering with the salt flat style wheels the best though, if I'm being honest. But still a sick as shit build. Love the copper tubing.
                    It still will eventually have the Salt Flats. The Mustang wheels were bought mostly as rollers and to measure for wheel specs, but budgeting hasn't allowed for Salt Flats just yet. I also wanna narrow the rear some so I can get some lip on the Salt Flats when I order them.

Adam

Comment

• I know this will peeve some people, but 2 months with no update? C'mannnnnnnnn

Comment

• Superb quality build! 5/5!
                        Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
                        Now: MB W211 320cdi
                        Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

• Amazing build. Curious as to how you tied the hydro ebrake in? T fitting or seperate calipers? Dis it interfere with the foot brakes at all?

Comment

• Osom ride bud! Just wanted to ask did you polished body to get rid of the dust when you painted it or you just left how it came in first place? Because in pics body looks mint ...=_=

Comment

• Uhhhh....holy crap that's cool! Amazing work dood.

Comment

• HEY GUYS!!! I'm back working on the Amazon. Sometimes you gotta take a few steps back to take some forward. I now have my house completely remodeled, I have a new workshop (new driveway :-P ) and am solid as far as my career goes. I don't have a garage so I'm a bit at the mercy of the weather. I try to work fast when I have breaks in the weather. Posting will be spotty for a while, but here's a few pics of the memorial day weekend work.

I sold the running gear complete and I sold the rear subframe setup. It'll be completely different when I'm done.

I know I've been absent for a while. Sometimes life gets in the way of projects. I've kept this car around and I'm pushing for round two. Sorry.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                                X