No announcement yet.

Atom's 2 door Amazon wagon Project:Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got done more stuff done yesterday. Little things, but important things.
    -new front cam seals
    -rear cam plug
    -iPd solid cam drive pins
    -got the cam carrier and valve cover completely torqued down
    -got lower timing cover on
    -got timing belt on for final time
    -located distributor drive w/Yoshifab CAS adapter so it's in the right position
    -drilled the block for turbo oil drain

Radiator and oil pump got dropped off at NIW for modifications. I'll get there little by little.

Adam

Comment

• Today I received my stupid $50 pilot bearing. Doesn't look like much.

My daughter showed lots of interest in the CAD work I was doing on the alternator bracket. It coulda been that she didn't want to go to bed, but she was showing lots of interest in what I was doing and a knack for being able to translate the 2D on screen drawing into the 3D bracket. I really enjoy having my family involved in this project.

Adam

Comment

• This....is....amazing.
        Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.
        Check out my Bowling Pin Shift Knobs!
        My Mighty Max build
        My Honda turd build

Comment

• Today I:
          -Got the flywheel, pressure plate w/disk and pilot bearing put on the engine.
          -Measured for internal hydraulic throwout bearing.
          -Bolted engine and trans together for mocking up mounts and working on engine harness
          -Started mocking up 850 steering column
          -Began working on pedal placement
          -Cut last chunks of OE wiring out of the car
          -Drank some beers

End of the OE 850 steering shaft (forgot to get a true before shot)

After cutting off the 850 rubber coupler.

Amount of misalignment from IPd steering coupler and 850 end yoke.

Starting to mock into place. Need to raise it a little.

Engine hoist in the living room. Got a unicornwife™ fo reals.

Drinkin beers.

Why am I swapping in an 850 column you might ask. A few reasons. A: collapsible lower steering shaft. I have the early steering box which is a "T" over a "T" rotated 90*. In a front end collision this will give me some crumple zone on the steering column. 3: key on the column with steering lock. Also a newer style double cut key. D: easy to find an adapter for my Nardi wheel. 7: high beam switch on the column (I don't like the stomp ones). I think that's it. Hopefully gonna squeeze in some time tomorrow to start mocking up the pedal mounts.

Adam

Comment

• this is my favorite build on s|w, but i hope that's a laminate floor in a house that you own.

Comment

• Real hardwood in a house that I own. I'm keeping an eye on things. It needs to be refinished anyway and drastic times call for drastic measures. It's cool.

Adam

Comment

• OMG, that 850 wheel looks huge in there :P . Loving the work that your doing, and that engine is almost giving me wet dreams!

Comment

• Numbering system is good - A,3,D,7.
                  Love it, subbed.
                  Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                  You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

• I can't believe what I just read through... Impeccable work.

Really truly inspiring.

Comment

• Didn't really get a chance to get much done today before I have to head to the in-laws for Easter Linner, but I:
                      -cut to move the column up another 1/2"
                      -pulled the 850 wheel
                      -test fit the Nardi
                      -CAD some engine mounts to adapt the B230 to vintage crossmember

That's as high as I can get it without getting into the OE cluster.

With the Nardi.

All three wheels for size comparison.

850 vs Amazon.

Nardi vs 850

Hopefully more tomorrow.

Adam

Comment

• Sorry guys. Been super busy trying to get this thing on the road for IPd. I promise to give a full update as soon as I'm back next Sunday. Here's a couple pics for now.

Adam

Comment

• nice too see some progress

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                          http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• I must say that you are a professional tubing bender, and that is pretty damn difficult to get all the tubing to lay as eveningly as you do.. I am regretting this part for Volvo X, and I wonder what type of tubing bender you are using, that is if you care to share? LOL

Comment

• Art
                              Volvo Build Thread
                              Bmw Build Thread
                              Toyota Build Thread
                              zanebonk instagram
                              Tumblrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 View Post
                                I must say that you are a professional tubing bender, and that is pretty damn difficult to get all the tubing to lay as eveningly as you do.. I am regretting this part for Volvo X, and I wonder what type of tubing bender you are using, that is if you care to share? LOL
                                I made a tubing straightener out of some screen door wheels and flat stock.

I use a bender from Home Depot like this

Then what I do is use a coat hanger to bend into the approximate shape first. Then I cut a length of tubing a bit long. Then I tape off one end, fill the tube with salt and tap to compress then tape off the other end. I start at one end and as I go I use a sharpie to put a dot on the outside of the radius either at the start of the bend or the middle of the bend. Then I can line up the dot on the tube bender as needed. You just make the dot be up or out about where you need it then bend. Once bent the way I like, I pull the tape, flush out the salt with air and, sometimes, hot water and trim to final length. Of course this is mostly for the decorative stuff. My brake lines and fuel lines didn't get salt filled.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                                X