No announcement yet.

Atom's 2 door Amazon wagon Project:Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me too! this thing is too beautiful to just disappear on us!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• He's assembling the engine in his dinning room.
      Greg
      1974 Volvo 142

Comment

• Originally posted by ionz View Post
        now to just make the whole car run off steam
        lol yessssss

Comment

• I can't. I don't. I just.....

WHO ARE YOU?

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

• Gdogg is right. After lots of trouble finding reasonable bay space I'm now working on the car in my driveway and convinced the wife to let me set up shop in the dining room (I guess I'm doin something right at home. LOL).

I sold one of my favorite cars to fund getting this project done. I've ordered a crapload of parts and am working little by little.

Putting together the Wilwood pedal assembly on the living room floor.

If I stop making progress, even if it's minute, I feel like I'll lose interest all together. I spent yesterday doing some more final engine assembly stuff. Assembling AN hose and engine wiring. This will be the first project I've had where I had to replace EVERYTHING on the car cause it was so stripped to begin with. I did come up with a cool cloth wire sheath that has a very "vintage" feel to it.

I'll try to add more updates as I go.

Thanks guys,
            Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by alllyellow View Post
              Amazing wagon! The build is truly inspiring. Love fender mirrors. Are these Lucas style mirrors that you are using? I would love to have a set of your 223GT badges that you have designed. Would you be willing to help me out? Either to have another set made and sell them to me or provide the contact info so that I may have a set built. Either way credit will be given to you Thanks.
              They are just cheap eBay fender mirrors. Like $20 a set. I may get different ones down the road, but these are good for now. The badges (in current form) are just vinyl stickers over a piece of polished aluminum I cut with a band saw. I hope to have some machined and paint flood them in the future. I can send you the file or make you some once I actually have the car on the road.

Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by Francis569
                Since there was so much rust and stuff missing, I decided to track down a donor car. I've always wanted a two door wagon so I found a coupe donor car and got to work.
                Yeah, the problem wound up being only sheet metal and chrome pretty much transferred over. I was able to use the lenses and body panels and side trim, but it was an automatic car, so the pedal assembly wouldn't work. The engine I'm putting in is from a different series so none of the running gear would work. The fuel tank is different in a coupe (filler neck in a different location). Fuel and brake lines are different now that I'm upgrading the pedal assembly and adding EFI. The coupe wire harness was corroded and spliced making it unrealistic for use considering everything else is being cared for. I used what I could.

Adam

Comment

• Speechless. Wow.

Comment

• Are those copper pipe with the plug wires running through it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chigga View Post
                      Are those copper pipe with the plug wires running through it?
                      Yes sir. Coil packs will be mounted under the intake manifold.

Adam

Comment

• A small update on trans stuff. The basics are that the the input shaft on the R154 is .85" longer and 3mm larger in diameter than the Volvo M46/47. It makes the trans set for an adapter plate. I went a step further and created the adapter in CAD and had it machined at work. One issue I ran into is that I'm running my engine vert mounted so I had to clock the bellhousing which put one of the bolt locations over the cutout for the R154 input shaft plate. I added a boss to add meat for that bolt.

Then I had to track down the hardware (M10-1.25 x 40mm flat head cap screws) which was turning out to be ridiculous until B-dub came to the rescue. Then you take an M46/47 bellhousing and turn the center opening from 32mm to 35mm.

That let me use the bellhousing itself as the center locator. It basically just slides over the R154 input shaft and I could clock it to where I wanted it. Then I used a transfer punch to locate where to drill and tap for mounting the bellhousing.

I sourced a Stage 3 (whatever Stage 3 means) clutch kit from Clutchnet for a flat flywheel Volvo with a Toyota splined clutch disk center hub. I'm working on finding an internal hydraulic throwout bearing to use. GM input shafts are 1.375" and the R154 is 1.377", so I'm sure I can find something. I'm probably gonna bring home the engine hoist tomorrow and bolt the flywheel on to measure bellhousing depth and pressure plate height.

More to come soon hopefully,
                        Adam

Comment

• Originally posted by Donna591
                          Sub'd awesome work so far. Excited to follow the progress and see the finished product. I might have just read over it but what are your suspension plans?
                          I'm gonna need to run stock front arms for now with coilover springs and I'll need to measure at ride height to source a shock to fit. The rears are QA1 coilovers on the S13 rear subframe with stock control arms. The future will hold custom control arms front and rear and eventually air bags.

Adam

Comment

• QuarterMaster Twin plate clutches - We have been making custom twinplate kits for all sorts of cars now. V8s, Mitsi, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan etc Manon Racing Products - New Zealand Twin plate - For high hp street/drag/track. Rated up to 600whp Single plate - Up to 350whp, super light weight, OEM clutches are a monster compared to this. Quartermaster - Rally V series with sintered iron discs, the discs are the most robust you can buy and will handle abuse after abuse. Soft pedal feel,

that is all

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                            http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• Originally posted by Atom View Post
                              I'm working on finding an internal hydraulic throwout bearing to use. GM input shafts are 1.375" and the R154 is 1.377", so I'm sure I can find something. I'm probably gonna bring home the engine hoist tomorrow and bolt the flywheel on to measure bellhousing depth and pressure plate height.

More to come soon hopefully,
                              Adam
                              QuarterMaster Twin plate clutches - We have been making custom twinplate kits for all sorts of cars now. V8s, Mitsi, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan etc Manon Racing Products - New Zealand Twin plate - For high hp street/drag/track. Rated up to 600whp Single plate - Up to 350whp, super light weight, OEM clutches are a monster compared to this. Quartermaster - Rally V series with sintered iron discs, the discs are the most robust you can buy and will handle abuse after abuse. Soft pedal feel,

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                              http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• OMFG this build is so sick. Absolutely amazing work
                                Originally posted by 1badg35
                                trust me my last gf and i split because i apparently gave more attention to my cars and business then her. i have no idea where she got that idea from. haha

Comment

Working...
                                X