Atom's 2 door Amazon wagon Project:Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kalin View Post
    I don't really know what to write anymore here. This is like..... a dream car, a dream build. Everything you do is just how it should be. I am just writing this comment so you know you have followers and people admiring your work, but I am just speechless. So yeah..... I am here
    Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
    Same
    That’s totally cool. Sometimes I think I’m posting to the void. I appreciate it!

Comment

• Brown bear?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
        Brown bear?
        Sorry. It’s a regional drive through car wash company. Sometimes I forget that I’m talking to the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atom View Post
          Sorry. It’s a regional drive through car wash company. Sometimes I forget that I’m talking to the world.
          Brown Bear is the jam, miss having one local. Car is looking great!
          grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• This morning/evening I got the door, fender and door jamb all cut in on the passenger side. I also got the driver’s fender and door off the car and re-installed the lower hatch. I blasted and powder coated some hardware and found out that my upper hatch latch is bad. So is the extra one I got. Working on the fix. Also replacing all the hardware with stainless. I know that’s a dump of info, but it’s late, I just got home and I want to get a few hours of sleep in before I start all over again.

Comment

• Fixed the hatch latch. Made a new piece from Delrin. Also put the passenger door and fender back on and sourced some more stainless hardware

A little tip for something I do. Align all the parts before hand. With the seals out. Then drill some 1/8 holes between multiple layers. Be conscious of where you put the holes if they’ll be exposed. Then, when you reassemble you can use pick tools, un-popped pop rivers or 1/8” drill rod to align the panels when you re-install.

Once the bolts are tight, pull out the pins and put a dab of silicone/urethane in and over the holes

Comment

• I’ll try to post more pics later tonight, but I’m reassembling some parts and finally get to see the color in the sun. I love it. It’s hard to photo, but it gets a bit brighter when the sun hits it and a bit warmer in the shade. Bead blasted all the latch components, lubed them up and replaced all the hardware with stainless

Comment

• It's almost a light cream in the shade. That's rad.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUTCHswift View Post
                    It's almost a light cream in the shade. That's rad.
                    Should be a pretty sweet vintage feeling color with modern accents.

Comment

• Hood hinge work. Pretty time consuming, but gotta be done

Last pieces that needed to be cut in (besides the hood)

Comment

• Dude that hood hinge system is a work of art

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                          Dude that hood hinge system is a work of art
                          Thanks! Hopefully I can make it all function the way I want.

I’m so tired guys. I can’t keep up with notifications and I forget the GoPro some days. Paint is going on this weekend. Might be in a booth, might be in a garage, might be in my driveway, but it’s getting painted. There’s some more videos up on my YouTube channel. Same lame stuff. Can’t wait to post up some driving videos.

Comment

• More hood hinge stuff

Comment

• I fell like there is NOTHING you cant do...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalin View Post
                                I fell like there is NOTHING you cant do...
                                Right now I can’t get enough sleep. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X