Atom's 2 door Amazon wagon Project:Headquarters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atom View Post
    If you are shooting with go pro, you can use a time lapse photo, and set it to 5 or 10 sec interval between photos, then the video of time lapse will bee a bit more faster, and motion will be less robotic movement, also you can remove the photos where there was no movement
    For the car and craftsmanship as always legend, Keep it up.

W201 LOW STATIC DAILY

Comment

• I find it insane how much things you can do on your own. Legend.

Comment

• Don't like the wide angle. Too much of the shop and not enough of the car you're working on. Bit closer than the "work day 5" video, would be great.

Comment

• Sanded the roof with 80g to prep for bodywork (no pictures), embossed the other fender (no pictures) and sanded out some lacquer checking in the old old paint (no pictures) this AM before going to work. Then I started on the new hood hinge system. Might be sad news for some people, but I’m just designing a front tilt style hinge system. The other style was cool, but needed lots more engineering and was putting weird stresses on the hood itself. I also had a lot of figurin to do for the rear latches. Anyway, hinge work.

Template to figure clearances.

Rolling some square tube for the crossbar. I tacked then together so the radius would match.

Missed some in between pics. Try to get some more tomorrow. Short videos to come.

Comment

• Comment

• I think the flip forward hood is much cooler. Kind of an homage to the BMW chassis underneath.

Comment

• Nothing new to post. Well, not much. Got the most notable dents/dings worked out of the roof and loaded it up with a couple heavy coats of high build primer so I can guide coat it and knock it back. I know it’s wavy in some spots, but I’m pretty sure the high build will eat it up.

Hoping to possibly maybe hopefully cut the first parts in this weekend. We’ll see.

Comment

• I just gotta give a huge thank you to Vogue Autowerks in Kirkland, WA for letting me work on the Amazon there. I know most of you guys aren’t local to Seattle, but if you are and have a need for the services they offer, please feel good about supporting them. There’s no way I could get all this done in my driveway with the weather the way it’s been (and is supposed to be). I kind of feel bad invading their shop a bit. Mostly because everything I’m doing is dusty and messy. We all need help from others and they’ve really come through for me.

If you want to follow them,
                  IG: @vogueautowerks
                  FB: @vogueautowerks

Comment

• First parts cut in with the new color. Went a bit out of order since I really wanted to see some color for motivation.

Process:
                    Sealer-

Base coat-

Clear coat-

(shown above)

Tomorrow I need to block out the roof and re-prime. Might be able to cut in some more parts by the end of the weekend.

Comment

• Another day of block sanding. Wheeeeee...

This is what guide coat does for those of you who don’t normally do bodywork. It allows you to see sand scratches and low spots

Then you keep blocking until the black is gone

Always wear your respirator when sanding

Reprimed the roof, second embossed fender, both modified door jambs and the hood

Cut the first part of the new hood hinge V1

Oh, and Brown Bear got me. Ugh

Comment

• I keep thinking “I feel like I’ve been here before”

Comment

• Not a lot photo’ed today. I just needed a “reset” day. Had Easter morning with the kids. Cleaned the shop. Mopped. Got the hatch cut in. Pulled the grille shell. Started bodyworking the car side door jamb on the passenger side. Made dinner. Finally sitting down with a beer. Probably be asleep in about twen.............zzzzzz

Comment

• That's quite the project you've got going can't wait to see the progress.

Comment

• I don't really know what to write anymore here. This is like..... a dream car, a dream build. Everything you do is just how it should be. I am just writing this comment so you know you have followers and people admiring your work, but I am just speechless. So yeah..... I am here

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalin View Post
                                I don't really know what to write anymore here. This is like..... a dream car, a dream build. Everything you do is just how it should be. I am just writing this comment so you know you have followers and people admiring your work, but I am just speechless. So yeah..... I am here
                                Same

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Working...
                                X