• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive fab work and skills!!!

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• yeah, this is nuts

Comment

• Made an oil pressure block for the dash light and ECU. I used nickel copper brake line. I welded a -4AN fitting to a turbo banjo line that threaded into the OE oil pressure sender port.

I added DEI titanium wrap to the up pipe to keep the gasses hot and keep all the other hoses nearby safe. I also added an 1/8” NPT port near the turbine inlet. My tuner says we can put a pressure sender there (with some tube to insulate from the heat) to get a feel for turbine sizing and pressure ratio (or something like that).

Comment

• Fantastic work, as always. Really enjoying watching how the build is progressing

Comment

• This is so cool. Great job man! Awesome attention to detail.

Comment

• Looks like Volvo should reach out to you for some of their "Special Service Tools"!

Comment

• Been a while since I posted anything. Just working on dumb detail stuff. Alternator mount.

Made a floor mount shifter since I’m switching to an early trans and don’t want to use the sheet metal shifter carriage

Remains to be seen how well it works.

Throttle body adapter to shift the angle and to use a Volvo 960 cable 65mm throttle body

Grabbed a backup bellhousing so I can make a backup trans if needed.

Machines some caliper piston masking plugs for a set of Volvo R calipers I’m throwing custom paint at

Made a custom bed side table for my wife for Christmas.

Not pictured
                -got an OEM S40 engine harness to mod
                -got all the clutch bits final assembled
                -got the trans attached for last time
                -made FPR mount
                -made IACV mount
                -started fabricating heater hose hard lines

Comment

• Heater tubes and a glamour shot

Comment

• Such a good looking engine! The alternator belt mounts/tensioner are genius, may steal the concept for my vw haha
                    Will the turbo oil feed not be hardline?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Finally an update

Looks great

what cnc router are you using?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                        Such a good looking engine! The alternator belt mounts/tensioner are genius, may steal the concept for my vw haha
                        Will the turbo oil feed not be hardline?
                        No, I won’t do the oil line in straight copper like the water lines in case it fails and I figure if they’re not going to match, I may as well make them a LOT different. Maybe later I switch them all to Ni-Cop or something, but for now braided is fine.

Originally posted by kimove View Post
                        Finally an update

Looks great

what cnc router are you using?
                        It’s a Kelling KL6090 (it’s a cheap Chinese one I bought off of Amazon years ago)

Comment

• Ordered a new shirt for show season this upcoming year. Seems to fit my build well.

Comment

• love it

Comment

• Taking a break from engine stuff for a bit. Just working on a timing belt cover and then back on the interior.

Started by drawing the pulley positions and belt routing in CAD first. I was going to put the grille hexagons in the cover, but it looked too busy.

Then I cut the outside shape (flipped for front and back) out of MDF and sealed the MDF with BIN primer. Don’t know what’s in that stuff, but it dries fast and seals MDF quickly.

I wanted some bumps where the pulleys are even though it doesn’t “need” them. The back plates are made out of HDPE cause resins don’t stick to it.

Then I made an HDPE ring that will act as the step to make the two halves fit together. There’s clay in the corners as a fillet and the whole mold is sprayed with PVA mold release.

I took some acrylic rod pieces, sharpened them and placed them where the bolt holes in the head are.

I did two layers carbon and one layer of fiberglass with a middle layer of baltek mat in the back part to aid rigidity. Then vacuum bagged it.

Pro tip: if you want the weave of loose carbon to hold it’s shape when you’re cutting a template spray it with Super77 3M spray glue lightly.

Then demolding

Two halves fit together

Test fitting

Now I just need to fill voids, paint and finalize.

Comment

• Is there something you can't work with, man? :O

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Working...
                                X