No announcement yet.

A '76 '02. Oh okay..... wait a what?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid effort mate! looks like a similar job to what im going through with my E21, bloody rusted floors! haha
    Hi, my name is Dom and i like to party.

IG - Cinemodd

Comment

i just noticed that the head has e21 cast on it. must have got a recond head when the engine was rebuilt. my e21 is also rusted to s**t. makes it all that much sweeter when its finished though.

Comment

I have similar rust problems despite my body looking as good as it does. All the best with your build.

Comment

yay for rusted as shit E21s! lol, when the car is done however i'll treasure it sooooo much more after all the work

IG - Cinemodd

Comment

Originally posted by Cinemod View Post
            yay for rusted as shit E21s! lol, when the car is done however i'll treasure it sooooo much more after all the work
            ya shes a little rusty but that nothing some new metal and por15 wont fix rough part is finding the time to do it all

Comment

haha, i have all the time, and no real skills, massive learning experience for me.. i'm usually in the JDM game, this is my first bmw and my first major build, mega nervous and mega excited!

Also, can;t wait to see this car's progress!!

IG - Cinemodd

Comment

blasted the roof and sprayed a ton of de-ruster on it t eat away at it over night, then its gonna get a few coats of por15

DSC_0367

Comment

Git 'er done!
                  Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Awesome man, keep doin work!

R A C K E T X C L U B
                    @Mister_Clocktower

Comment

You definitely got my respect for taking on that 02. Best of luck with the rest, will be watching this for sure.
                      91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Originally posted by renngolf View Post
                        You definitely got my respect for taking on that 02. Best of luck with the rest, will be watching this for sure.
                        look at his project, then u can truly value his words

and off topic

this chap always rides with me

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Sweet project you got there, keep it up! Cant wait for more progress.
                          -SW|UK-
                          Education - Knowledge - Power
                          insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                            look at his project, then u can truly value his words

and off topic

this chap always rides with me

you sir have my approval lol I saw a vader flashlight minifigure once at a cheapo toy store, wished I bought it then because I havent sen any since then, o well Im a sucker for legos

Thanks for al the comments guys, it really helps to motivate me to get all the rust problems solved and back to a roller status, I really didn't think this particular car was all that bad rust wise, but based on the comments it is lol wish I had a shot of the car I looked at previous to this one. lets just say this 02 would be considered mint compared to the others I looked at

more updates soon

Comment

after two hours of torture, looking up and dodging drips of por15 the roof is finally finished, I might go back over the larger areas again

DSC_0369

Comment

blasted a bunch of parts today before it started giving me problems, namely a hole in the hose, busted tip and then the actual rubber/metal stopper disintegrated.
                                DSC_0374

moved on to the engine finished up cleaning my welds and then hit it with some crappy primer for now not pretty but for now it doesn't have to be.

DSC_0375
                                DSC_0383
                                DSC_0384

Comment

Working...
                                X