Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 633csi - e24 slow progress thread.

Default 633csi - e24 slow progress build.

Wanted to be the first thread on the updated site.

EDIT: OK trying this again. Well some time ago, around July 14th 2010 a few day before my birthday, I found this. 635csi - $500 Now this I had to see.

Well the car had been sitting in their driveway just shy of 5 years. It was dusty, the tires were rotted out, full of cobwebs (i **** spiders), battery was dead, engine wouldnt crank when jumped. But at the end of the day it was still an e24, even the wifey liked it (she saw potential), so i told the guy "$400 if i can get it running". He agreed and i went back home for tools bigger charger and a set of temp wheels from an e32 we had at the time.

My Pop's was with me and well he knows magic and shit so he got it running in no time. Then the guy tells me "Hey I can't find the key or paperwork" WTF MAN!!! Ok he finds the key and tells me he dad has the paperwork.. He seems honest and ledgit so I tell him $300 now a bill of sale and when you find the paperwork ill give you the other $100. Deal is made i get a car for my birhtday fuck yeah world is right and all is at it should.

The tank was empty so we fixed a leak grabbed gas and drove it home, about 10 miles, mind you no tags since 2005. Sounded and idled like shit. Would have towed but AAA was being a bunch of bitches. Got her home and gave her a wash. Went the the pick-a-part down the street grabbed some hood shocks and window switches, also fixed a leak in the intake with some tape. A week later found a great deal on set of 1.25" spacers then a month later a set of wheels. Hell yes things are coming together.

Yeah the valance looks like shit but it was just sitting there for now. I got bored so I test fit the ACS 18x8.5 with +1.25" spacer. I never got the paperwork so i ended up getting the car for $300 out right but I did not want to deal with the DMV so its just sitting in my driveway for now. DD an a4 in the mean time.

Yup i was 4x4 status. Well i get a house hell yes. Sadly no garage :'( and after 8months of "ownership" I figure its time to deal with the DMV and get it in my name. Did i mention the person i got it from never actually put it in their name either? yeah WTF right? Anyways make a long story short this thing I've been dreading for 8months turned out to be fairly easy and painless. thank goodness. well aside from the $600 for tags since 05. Get it smogged cuz I know people and start DD. HELL YES

Then i got some wheels for my e46. but I tried them on the 6 for a little while. please dont laugh.

1.25 in spacer still in there

at some point i got set of heated powered leather sports seats for the e46 but the wifey didnt like them cuz they were in bad shape. to the 6 they go with the help of a bracket for the rear bolt. Did i mention they interrior was pretty much trash cuz the windows were down since 2005? Yeah the carpet is destoryed.

here is my little antenna friend.

my friends helped me pull me head out of my ass and i sourced a proper set of wheels. A set of ACT LS mesh in 16x8.5 et10 NO MORE SPACERS woot woot. I got fed up with the valance looking so messed up so i chose to paint it black. Also caught some length out of those springs.

Since then I have a set of Euro corners and an early euro front bumper. also got a set of rear coilovers working on gettin fronts. This is an early model e12 base so parts are not as common as the later e28 base. eventually going to go bags but that wont be for a while. No pictures yet at this stage. Ill get some this weekend.

Stuff has happened here is the most recent pic:

e24 mesh 8-12 -1 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

WTB 1 ACT LS MESH wheel cap.
    All comments suggestions welcome
    Last edited by evilstar; 09-20-2012 at 10:14 AM.

nearly an hour further since that post and still no pics

lol

Quote Originally Posted by P78 View Post
    nearly an hour further since that post and still no pics

lol
    yeah i know getting them all together and my computer is being slow as hell. maybe that is what i should have done while the site was down. but nooooo I just kept hitting f5 lol

Why post thread without pictures

omfg i ams so fuckend pissed writhe now i cant even ype. alkdfjlkadflkasdl;fl;askdj;lkas dlkfasldflkasd I wrote a fucken illistrasted novel in the first post and now but it kicked me out and how its gone asergasdfglaksdfl asdfjlaksdfjlasdflka sdlfjladsf WTFF @@@@@####!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P78 View Post
    rage friday ftw
    yeah much better now. updated with more pics.

Nice dude, do work you're making good progress...

makes me wanna do stuff to my 633...

Nice man, the first mods made me not like this, but the last pic made me like it, in for more.

I have window motor if you need.

Did your seats work? like full electric etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    I have window motor if you need.
    how much shipped to the US? 92506 never thought to look overseas figured it be cheaper to go local. but parts are not always easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Did your seats work? like full electric etc?
    Should work once i source power from the cig lighter. the early sixes didnt come with power seats so i dont have connections there. i rigged a cable to the battery to get them where i wanted then remove the cable. keeps people from messing with my settings lol.
    Last edited by evilstar; 06-12-2012 at 01:44 AM.

updated pics. this is how she sits today

633csi_06 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi_05 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi_04 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

she will look different very shortly. Going to try and get her show ready for Avila we shall see. also not my best photo work just took these real quick and did a quick edit just to post.

Nice dude, do work you're making good progress

euro bumpers: the only way to do an e24 proper. got any build shots of fitting the bumper? i heard it's a huge bitch

Quote Originally Posted by PootieTang View Post
    euro bumpers: the only way to do an e24 proper. got any build shots of fitting the bumper? i heard it's a huge bitch
    Front bumper isn't to bad IMO. Hard part s getting a hold of one and the mounting brackets. Im working on building my own. Have it holding with some temp mounts now but Ill take pictures of what im building for the long haul. Now the rear can be a much bigger plain as there are so many variations. Not sure what im doing about that just yet. I will update as I go.

The Bimmer looks good! And not gonna lie, I actually liked the M3 wheels on it... new new meshies look better, though, haha.

Awesome improvement dude, hopefully you get it squared away in time for the show.

How exactly did you get this thing in your name without papers?

Nice shark.

^^wtf?!?! MOAR! how dare you tease us with that stretch and camber.

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

<3 RAF

That looks nice, except for it's way too high!

Quote Originally Posted by willis View Post
    That looks nice, except for it's way too high!
    the front needs to come down some more but the problem is i fucking scrape everywhere as is. :s

I feel the need to add one of these to the collection. Love it!