Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Calculate Offset after Lip and/or Barrel Change

Saved for later!

t.han Guest

oh my god, there is a chart! SAVED

Default Confirmation

So I purchased BBS Rs faces (329) which are 17x8 et0.
    According to previous owner they came with 1.5 lip and 6" barrel. I would like to put 5" lips on the rear which according to that chart puts me at 17x11.5 et - 44.

Can anyone confirm that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1s13 View Post
    So I purchased BBS Rs faces (329) which are 17x8 et0.
    According to previous owner they came with 1.5 lip and 6" barrel. I would like to put 5" lips on the rear which according to that chart puts me at 17x11.5 et - 44.

Can anyone confirm that?
    Are they sandwich mounted currently, and if so are you going to leave them sandwich mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
    Are they sandwich mounted currently, and if so are you going to leave them sandwich mounted?
    I just purchased the faces by themselves from a fellow member. I assume I will sandwich mount them. I'm new to building 3 peice wheels so you'll have to bare with me.

329s are sandwich mount from the factory, IIRC, but they are RSs, so who knows what's been done to them over the years. Still, they'd have to be sandwich mount for them to be 8" wide with the lip and barrel specs you were given.

If you choose to sandwich mount them, then the specs you posted above are indeed correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
    329s are sandwich mount from the factory, IIRC, but they are RSs, so who knows what's been done to them over the years. Still, they'd have to be sandwich mount for them to be 8" wide with the lip and barrel specs you were given.

If you choose to sandwich mount them, then the specs you posted above are indeed correct.

OK and if I choose to go with a 5.5 barrel and the 5 inch lip my offset would only get more negative right?

Correct. If you subtract 0.5" from the width of the barrel, your offset will change by -6.35mm.

Thanks everybody