Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex's 92 Hilux Pickup (NZ) So. Many. Photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love this so much.
    doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

Put a bit of effort into making these work.... Our plates are a lot wider than the US ones:

Was my first attempt at plastic welding so they're a bit messy if your up close.

Also painted the rocker cover to tidy up the bay a few months back:

Not long until new wheels now...
      | 92 Toyota Hilux |www.facebook.com/WellingtonTruckingFriends|

Comment

Originally posted by Brimmy View Post
        Thanks for all the great comments guys!
        Yea the photo is made up of 3 different exposures, and a bit of photoshopping.
        Are you meaning a lip like this? :
        That might look cool!
        I was actually thinking of a lip that hangs off the back of the cab(towards the rear of the truck) but I like your idea better

Comment

Two questions I'm keen to get a few opinions on...

1. Should I tint the windows? (not too dark - 35% level) I think a light tint will look good with the new dark wheels and other black details going on.

2. The new wheels are matte black. Should I rock chrome or ano-red lug nuts?

Also, just sold my GoPro and bought a new lens for my camera. 1st photo and I'm loving it

Comment

Looks clean! Negative on tints.. I'm paying someone to remove mine now

Comment

This thing is awesome! I dig it with just the Zubers and the body modifications you've done so far.

I think a light tint would look good- 35% is noticeable without going overboard. And personally, I think chrome lug nuts would look a lot better than red. Painted/colored lugs look cheap to me, especially if they don't match anything on the vehicle.

Keep up the good work!
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments! I used to have the windows tinted, but I did it myself so they faded to a horrible purple colour. I think even something lighter than 35 would look tidy. I love the light blue-ish tints that some Mercedes and BMW have from factory.

Leaning towards the chrome lugs myself, and its a good point that often the coloured ones do look tacky.

Comment

I love this.
                  1981 300TD 4 speed
                  2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                  , on Flickr
                  IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Id say if you do go with coloured nuts go with something darker like blue or purple.

I think anodized black lugs looks gangster but seeing as the new wheels are black thats not gonna work too well.

tint wise I agree with you, maybe a shade lighter than 35%

I think tints look cool, but I cant stand driving with them at night

ps trucks looking damn clean! looks almost new... total opposite of mine lol
                    IG dubmr2

Comment

Originally posted by mike-81-240d View Post
                      I love this.
                      Originally posted by dubmr2 View Post
                      Id say if you do go with coloured nuts go with something darker like blue or purple.

I think anodized black lugs looks gangster but seeing as the new wheels are black thats not gonna work too well.

tint wise I agree with you, maybe a shade lighter than 35%

I think tints look cool, but I cant stand driving with them at night

ps trucks looking damn clean! looks almost new... total opposite of mine lol
                      Haha thanks guys! If only they came this low from factory!

I did consider black lugs, but yeah, since you'd have black tire, black wheel and black centrecap, I thought it would look even less impressive.

I was also considering what it would look like with a small silver pinstrip around the edge of the rim, just to make the edge of the lip pop a little. I think it would actually show a bit more that some thought has gone into the fitment on the truck.

Comment

So got this txt:

Then I got excited!

And they came with black lugs! Badass! I'll organise tires tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be on the truck within the week.

Comment

wow!! gunna look sick bro!! cant wait to see how the ute gunna look.
                          New Zealand thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22785

Comment

YES! I fukin love diamonds!

specs?
                            IG dubmr2

Comment

Cheers! I'll put up proper specs once I've got sick pictures of them on the truck

For now, they're 17" Steelies with Negative offset!

Who the hell buys a 17" steely! haha. They weigh half a ton, about 16kg per wheel! Which is about 35-40lb I think? And thats without tyres :S

Comment

I'm a huge Hilux fan! Yours I gonna look great on the brew wheels.

If you have not already seen it I suggest you check out Nigel Petries UTE. Although a bit different then what your doing still an inspirational build.

Comment

Working...
                                X