Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU make your car look its best??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do YOU make your car look its best??

Alright guys I've always wondered what does everyone do to make their cars look their best?Washing, Polishing, Waxing, etc. Also what products do you guys use? And what are some of y'alls cleaning secrets? Let me hear it.

Cheers

Clay Bar+Speed Shine ---> DA compound (meguirs 2 step is good so is Griots 3 step) ---> Griots best in show wax ---> Griots Paint Sealant ---> Griots Paint Glaze

Hard to make your car look bad with that process
    Originally posted by Kielan
    VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.

Flickr

Comment

Damn! Haha. How long does that take you?

Comment

i just have alfred wipe down the batmobile from time to time, i have no idea what he uses.
        gooby pls

Comment

Originally posted by Ieatpeople View Post
          i just have alfred wipe down the batmobile from time to time, i have no idea what he uses.

I tend to wash my car only once it really rains.. then I use a quik detailer and a microfiber towel most of the time. I despise washing, so I do it as little as possible.

Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

I hand wash mine at least once a week and clay it whenever I feel anything in the paint. Haven't buffed or waxed it for years

I also clean the lips of the wheels every other day or so with quick detailer

Nada mas

I detail professionally and would use 3M products for any buffing needs. But luckily I haven't had to do anything to mine yet in 6 years of ownership
            Last edited by hi its me alec; 05-24-2012, 09:54 PM.
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Originally posted by 11E30 View Post
              Damn! Haha. How long does that take you?
              A good 3-4 hours, only do it twice a year at the most. On a regular basis I just hand wash it once every week or week and a half and use assorted products on it as needed, Quick Detailer, Griots Speed Shine, Griots Spray on Wax, and Griots BBS approved wheel cleaner. I like griots.
              VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ieatpeople View Post
                Buahahahaha!

I wash my car weekly and detail it afterwards with Meguiars Quick Detailer/ Surf City Garage Hot Rod Detailer.
                I also keep her always waxed with Meguiars Gold Class Liquid wax or spray wax when im in a hurry
                slamburglars.com

Comment

go to your local mexican hand wash... and tell the 1 white guy that takes your order you want the wax and detail...

the one by my house is like $40.. and your gonna spend that much on just the products, so you might as well have it done...
                  1989 BMW 325i 2.7i stroker
                  1989 BMW 325ix
                  1970 BMW 2002

Comment

^^Do the swirls they add to your finish cost extra or do they come with the mexican wax and detail package?

Wash at-least weekly with my foam gun and MF sponge with Meguires Gold Class.

Polish once a year with the DA and Meguires Ultimate Compound (M105) and Meguires Ultimate Polish (M205)

Clean windows with Stoner's Invisible Glass

Wax/ seal at least monthly
                    -Finish Kare 1000p high temp wax
                    -BlackFire Wet Diamond
                    -AutoGlym Super Resin Polish
                    -AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection

Dress black exterior plastics with 303 Aerospace Protectant twice a month

Clean leather seats once a month(ish) with 1:4 Woolite to Water and a brush

Vacuum out mats and interior every other week.
                    FlickHer
                    ^^Click ME!^^

Comment

Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post

I tend to wash my car only once it really rains.. then I use a quik detailer and a microfiber towel most of the time. I despise washing, so I do it as little as possible.
                      Ironic in your sig it appears freshly washed

I did wash, claybar, cleaner wax, polish, wax just this past weekend.

The results are always worth it but I fucking **** **** doing it.

I also washed, polished and sealed my wheels the weekend before.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Park it behind the neighbors Porsche a few doors down, makes is looks super nice and sleek.

Comment

In you guys opinion what is the best "quick detailer"?

Comment

I drive it...

Comment

I use “chemical guys” products only, because I can buy all car care products in one brand and they guarantee about their products. Normally I wash my car once a week and change oil after 5000km.
                              Pueraria mirifica and pueraria are herbal plants.

Comment

Working...
                              X