The rise of a Lady - or - The first Audi A2 build thread on s|w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rise of a Lady - or - The first Audi A2 build thread on s|w

Hey gents, here >>>as promised<<< the start of making a fine lady out of my lady.

My goal is a clean beautiful daily! Lets start!

When I bought her in August 2011 she looked like this:

In the meantime I had to fix some minor issues since the previous owner was not too nice to her. Also I wrecked two of the Audi wheels and needed do buy a new set of wheels in a hurry. So there was no time for finding the perfect fit. The wheels that are mounted now are okay...but I am not really happy with them.
    Also added some window tint and a black roof for the sexy looks.

Today I cleaned the A2 badge on the back.

As we can see there is some fix needed. Need to check for spacers later on.
    Also I will look for coilovers to give her an healthy drop.

I beg your pardon for the low speed of changes, but money is an issue the moment in my life.
    Last edited by Nagah; 06-19-2013, 08:57 AM.
    Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
    Oh, and your car too.

This is interesting and so is the wheels. In for a side shot with the new wheels

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Here you are!

These are Brock B30 7,5x17 5x100
      Last edited by Nagah; 06-19-2013, 09:00 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

I like it.. I think with nice drop and these you'll be set

ot just buy wider wheels.. But it has mucho potential
        Last edited by 244Brick; 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Well I need to check somehow how wide I can go with her. Unluckily theres no one where I could borrow some wide wheels for testing.

How do you guys get your wheels for a quick checkup?

Now is the time to save the 1250$ for the coilovers. This will take a while. :/

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagah View Post
            Well I need to check somehow how wide I can go with her. Unluckily theres no one where I could borrow some wide wheels for testing.

How do you guys get your wheels for a quick checkup?

Now is the time to save the 1250$ for the coilovers. This will take a while. :/
            Get the wheels with the 1250. Then, buy coil overs. i wish i would have did it that way

Comment

Dude, are you serious? You bought a A2 to work with? Good luck with making a cool car out of a really shitty car.
              Originally posted by Oxer
              I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

Actually I didn't buy the car to build it but I bought it because its a really cool car that I really like. Its reliable, very high quality interior (same quality as the big Audis), very low on diesel consumption (which saves a lot of money in germany. At the moment I pay 1,40EUR per liter...that's 6,66$ per gallon!) and it has a body of aluminium which means: NO RUST EVAR!

But after liking it so much I thought I could go for a build since I plan to use her as long as she goes.

The reason why I will go for coilovers before a new set of wheels is because the old dampers are almost done for and the stock springs are a terrible ride. I want to have the better feeling first since you can go fast in germany on the autobahn.

I borrowed the cam of a friend so there's a little picdump for you. Enjoy!

Now a proper side shot with the Brock wheels:

Last edited by Nagah; 06-19-2013, 09:05 AM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Interesting project.

Originally posted by K.rischan View Post
                  Dude, are you serious? You bought a A2 to work with? Good luck with making a cool car out of a really shitty car.
                  Du bist so behindert Chris, A2 rocken. :P

Make it look something like this and you're golden:

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Thanks! I guess she will look pretty neat with the coilovers and some spacers for a better flush.
                    It would also be cool to widen the arches but they are plastics so I have absolutely no idea how to achieve that.
                    Last edited by Nagah; 05-25-2012, 03:36 PM.

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

I've never seen one of these before

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Nagah View Post
                        It would also be cool to widen the arches but they are plastics so I have absolutely no idea how to achieve that.
                        Ich schreibs mal auf deutsch, ist grad simpler zu erklären:

Was man versuchen kann, ist a.) den Radlauf mit nem Heißluftfön zu erwärmen bis das Plastik weich und formbar wird und dann unten die kleine 'kante' rausziehen, bis es eine Rundung mit dem restlichen Radlauf gibt. Oder b.), einen zweiten Satz Radläufe kaufen, einen Satz in der Mitte zerschneiden und den zweiten Satz entsprechend als 'Verbreiterungsstreifen' zurechtschneiden und dann zusammenlöten (Plastik lässt sich recht easy mit nem Lötkolben 'schweissen'). Anschließend etwas spachteln und lackieren. Klingt relativ simpel, dürfte aber recht viel Arbeit sein...

Comment

Wenn die Radläufe Plastik sind......dann lass doch die Räder die Arbeit machen!
                          Innenkante ausschneiden und abwarten

Function>Form.
                          slamburglars.com

Comment

Blöd nur, wenns irgendwann vom Schleifen so heiß wird, dass der Radlauf schmilzt

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                              Ich schreibs mal auf deutsch, ist grad simpler zu erklären:

Was man versuchen kann, ist a.) den Radlauf mit nem Heißluftfön zu erwärmen bis das Plastik weich und formbar wird und dann unten die kleine 'kante' rausziehen, bis es eine Rundung mit dem restlichen Radlauf gibt. Oder b.), einen zweiten Satz Radläufe kaufen, einen Satz in der Mitte zerschneiden und den zweiten Satz entsprechend als 'Verbreiterungsstreifen' zurechtschneiden und dann zusammenlöten (Plastik lässt sich recht easy mit nem Lötkolben 'schweissen'). Anschließend etwas spachteln und lackieren. Klingt relativ simpel, dürfte aber recht viel Arbeit sein...
                              Thank you. Now I guess I will look at this when there' nothing else to do then.
                              Sounds really tough.

Originally posted by G535 View Post
                              Wenn die Radläufe Plastik sind......dann lass doch die Räder die Arbeit machen!
                              Innenkante ausschneiden und abwarten

Function>Form.
                              I prefer not to die on the Autobahn. xD

Oh, and your car too.

Comment

Working...
                              X