190e 2.3 lowering help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 190e 2.3 lowering help

my 85 190e is a 2.3-8v im trying to find the right way to slam her down, it hasn't been easy finding anyways. looking for some ideas, thanks for any help.
    Last edited by benzy85; 05-16-2012, 09:41 AM.

Get Sportline or W124 400e/500e springs and cut them to your liking.
    After that, get some Bilstein Sport struts and shocks. The car will ride great.

Comment

cut the stock springs and buy some aftermarket struts/shocks, would be the easiest way to do it IMO, my buddy did it to his 85 190e and it rides the same way it did before it was lowered, he cut 4 coils off of each spring and it sits pretty nice

Comment

I cut out 2 full coils and ran no spring pads on mine with 16x7 BBS RS on 205/40 and it did the job.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
        Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

u can check out this thread -> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...+people&page=3

also you gotta know that the mercedes springs are pretty hard, so they can be easily cutted by 3-4 coils without any serious issues...

good luck!

flickr

Comment

thanks for the help,
            my original plan was to use the H&R sport cup kit but as you may know it goes on back order alot
            and sadly YRS coilovers dont get me the low i would like to get, so the 400e springs were what i was thinking or thinner spring pad and sport springs with a change of shocks to bilstiens but idk how low that would get me.... i also wondered if anyone knew of someone using Gas-a-just shocks?

Comment

now looking more into your link the ta-technix lowering spring may sound like a good way to go, although i dont know a whole lot about them and need to look more into them

Comment

the h&r 16v cup kits look good on these cars

build thread?

Comment

mine is on the gas a just shocks

Comment

do the gas a just shocks lower well at all?

Comment

Yea, never had any problem out of them. Car rode smooth as hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X