GPNY go kartz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPNY go kartz

Grand Prix New York is the region’s premier venue in entertainment, corporate and social events with go-kart racing, GPX ninja course, bowling and arcade!

Anyone heard of them/been there? I went for my third time last week and can't get enough of it. Went twice last winter/off-season and will probably going at least 3 or 4 times this year, my buddies and I will probably be doing one of their enduro events this coming year.

I did a lot of autoX 2 seasons ago and a few times last year, but after doing this a few times I don't know if I'll be doing it at all in '10, probably just drift events. I like GPNY better because it's wheel-to-wheel rather than against a clock which is huge for me, plus (literally ) hitting an apex or trading paint is less nerve-wracking since the karts are made to do it... plus it's not your one and only car that you're racing.

My friends and I usually do 4 races (10 minutes or so per race, ~30 seconds per lap) for $80 plus a $10 1 day membership fee, so $90 for 4 races. Compared to autoX this ain't bad, especially when you factor in tires! Plus there's 45+ minutes between autoX races and well under 10 minutes of actual driving, at GPNY you can be done with 45 minutes of ACTUAL racing in under an hour and a half!

Quick vid, not mine, my friend was gonna bring his GoPro but decided not to? lol

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Our local upstate NY forum www.shift518.com will probably be organizing an event within the next 4 or 5 weeks, I'll post it up here if anyone's interested. 20 or 25 people came out for last year's shift event so I can't wait for this one!

And for anyone that's been there, my best time on Uptown is 30.30x
    1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
    Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread
Working...
X