Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'03 GTI 20th Anniversary edition, $6000 obo. ATLANTA Ready to be molested!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '03 GTI 20th Anniversary edition, $6000 obo. ATLANTA Ready to be molested!

****Sold****

Hey guys and gals. I'm looking at selling my 20th GTI, #2944, six speed I bought this car in '09. The water pump had locked up and stripped the timing belt which k.o.'d the valves. ALL of them. The owner couldnt afford to fix it. I pulled the head and replaced the valves, waterpump, t-belt, t-belt tensioner, head bolts, head gasket, valve cover gasket, cam adjuster seals, and suction jet pump with VW original parts.

I would like to get $ 6,000, but I'm realistic and am taking offers. Dont be afraid to pm me with a price. Im not a dick and wont hassle you. Ill probably give you a counter offer. Im not really looking for trades, but if you have a solid b5 or 5.5 passat wagon GLX with a five speed and are looking for a GTI, hit me up! Other trades may be considered.

My original Intent was to flip the car for some quick and easy cash, but quickly fell in love driving it. I bought it with about 93k miles on it and now have 132,xxx. Recently I've replaced all inner and outer cv boots, passenger side door panel with a brand new vw part, drivers side with a extremely low mileage panel from a wrecked 337, outer tie rod ends, Bosch mass air flow sensor, Bosch front o2 sensor, new vw diverter valve. The coils were replaced last year with the latest versions from VW as well as the plugs at the same time. Large diameter cooling fan was replaced last year. Vw original upper strut mounts replaced about 8 months ago. In October the 1-2 shift fork rivet let go (common 6 speed issue). Trans was torn down and rivet was replaced with a 8mm grade 12.9 bolt. Both rear seat pull handles and trims for folding rear seats replaced this week. Depending on cash flow, before I sell the car I may also replace the windshield (has a crack on the pass side) and the drivers lower seat cushion due to bolster wear (common issue of the factor Recaros).

Other upgrades/mods include custom bi xenon retrofit headlights (fx-r projectors, 35w morimoto bulbs and ballasts, e46 shrouds from retrofitsource.com) with Voxx glass lenses built be me. These were my 6th retrofit at that time. Afterwards I did another for a coworkers tdi jetta wagon. A cold air intake (on the car when I bought it). Pacific tail lights since the originals were cracked. Rear wiper delete. Stubby "shark fin" style antenna.

The paint on the car is in fair condition. It has some waterspots as it had spent some time in Nevada if I remember correctly from the elsaweb report on the car. I dont know how to buff paint and Im too stubborn to let someone else do it. The factory aristo wheels are straight with some very minor rash on them. Easy fix for any wheel whore on stanceworks.

I'll get some more pictures up this week.

(from when I bought the car. I was a vw certified technician at this dealer when the car came in)

source of the problems

Headlights (ill get better pictures this week)

Best thing about this car? tiny outside!
    Last edited by redls1bird; 05-11-2012, 04:30 PM.

dude i wish i had someone as handy as you nearby! thats a lot of work in short time and looks good. gl

Comment

Thanks man. I started out working on mkiv's in 2000 at a vw dealer. Ive been on and off with Volkswagen brand since then.

Comment

PM'd

Comment

OMG IF YOU WERE CLOSER. This would have been mine within minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJodon View Post
            OMG IF YOU WERE CLOSER. This would have been mine within minutes.
            For the right price I deliver. Feel free to pm me with an offer/questions and we might be able to work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by Human_Outlier View Post
              PM'd

Replied.

Comment

Working...
              X