E36 Stance Super Sport? need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 Stance Super Sport? need advice

Looking at picking up a set of these to swap out my h&r coilovers now that I threw on my style 5s and can go down another inch in the front comfortably.

I'm torn between buying these coilovers http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...er_Sport/13409

Or just swapping out my OEM tophats for aftermarket ones which I heard will lower them about an inch in the front.

I like the way my h&r feels, I just don't know about the 7k 8k spring rates. I don't wna lose handling but pretty much money wise sell mine and get those would be a $250 difference then just buying new camber plates and rocking the h&r's.

any help would be appreciated

p.s.: anybody know what the intro price of the Broadway's were?

stance makes a great coilover! also look into bcracing and st coilovers. (either of those 3 for that price should be a good buy)

broadways start at i think about 1600+

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz28 View Post
      stance makes a great coilover! also look into bcracing and st coilovers. (either of those 3 for that price should be a good buy)

broadways start at i think about 1600+
      thanks for the response man

i just never seen or heard anybody running the Stance Super Sports

ive also heard of FK's getting realllly low like rails on the floor low (im guessing the reason is any coilover that uses a helper spring and once that springs is removed can achieve really low?)
      OR another member on bf.c was telling me about KSPORTS where you can order shorter housings

decisions decisions

Comment

Originally posted by 1980corvette View Post
        thanks for the response man

i just never seen or heard anybody running the Stance Super Sports

ive also heard of FK's getting realllly low like rails on the floor low (im guessing the reason is any coilover that uses a helper spring and once that springs is removed can achieve really low?)
        OR another member on bf.c was telling me about KSPORTS where you can order shorter housings

decisions decisions
        i personally wouldnt go with ksports, there is just way better coilovers our there for a little more money. and the fk's idk much about them but i would still go with one of the 3 i listed.... the st's even come with a 5year warranty!

Comment

I'm running BC coils with 8/10 spring rates. I've got it dumped as low as I can go (on stock wheels/tires). I've got plenty of room left, but because I'm still in stockers, I'm limited to how low I can go for now. I've never bottomed out or scraped tires in my fenders. Best bang for the buck so far.

Comment

Originally posted by osuwari View Post
            I'm running BC coils with 8/10 spring rates. I've got it dumped as low as I can go (on stock wheels/tires). I've got plenty of room left, but because I'm still in stockers, I'm limited to how low I can go for now. I've never bottomed out or scraped tires in my fenders. Best bang for the buck so far.
            post pic of your car!

Comment

never knew that stance made coils for our cars... hmmm
              CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by yoshioka90 View Post
                yea they started making them like last year i think!

Comment

Originally posted by yoshioka90 View Post
                  if your referring to stanceworks coils they do make them for an e36 but I'm pretty sure they made less than 20 sets to sell... however they are amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Drock11 View Post
                    if your referring to stanceworks coils they do make them for an e36 but I'm pretty sure they made less than 20 sets to sell... however they are amazing
                    i am well aware of the s/w zero clearance coils. just never knew stance coils made them for the E36 platform. ive heard a lot good reviews on stance coils within the jdm community. i have a few buddies of mine that are currently running stance GR+ coils, and i gotta say that they are pretty well built coils for the price.
                    CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

even VAC motorsports sell them! http://store.vacmotorsports.com/stan...ion-p2607.aspx

looks like youre out of the loop alex

Comment

Support Jesus, buy Broadway Static.

/shameless plug
                        - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Working...
                        X