Road to dat fitment..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
    Sub'd this will be sixk with 530's... Your title interest me.. because my bro's company is Named DATfitment. >>>>http://www.facebook.com/DATFitmentOfficial <<< give us a like!!
    Thanks, I gave em a like.

Originally posted by Tupers View Post
    That's by far the meanest Kia I've ever seen, love it
    Thanks man! I appreciate the love.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
    Looks good so far.

When it comes to wheels, take your time, search, and don't be afraid to wait for the perfect set. I waited over a year for the right wheels to come along. Also, by the time you screw around buying new Rota's or XXR's you can buy a used set of legit wheels. I bought my wheels from VR Wheels but other good sites are Apt. 9 Wheels, Memory Fab, and the Zilvia forum. Lots of used wheels on Zilvia for decent prices and I think they would fit assuming the Forte is 5x114.3.
    Thanks, your Kia is sick. I've followed your thread since the beginning.

Yeah, I'm trying to be patient with wheels this time around, it's just so hard lols. I'll check out the sites you referred me too!

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
    i dig the current look minus the smoked tails and wheels.

follow andrew's advice, he knows a thing or two about kias
    Thanks, yeah I need new wheels so badly, lol.

No doubt, he's a Kia boss lol.
    Bagged Kia Forte 5 Build HERE

Comment

Good start. Interested to see where this goes.

Comment

So, my SO had ordered me the front lip I wanted for my birthday but it hasn't made it in yet. It's a special order item (ships from Korea) and the place from where I ordered it emailed and said it wasn't on the shipment they just received this week, and I would have to wait another 2-3 weeks for the next shipment of special order items, which would put the wait at ~2 months since she ordered at the beginning of the month in anticipation of it taking awhile (my bday was yesterday).

I think that at this point we are just going to request a refund and I'll use the money towards a set of coilovers or a new set of wheels.

So it's either, get the 530's as originally planned, or wait and save up a bit more for Megan Racing coilovers. Not really sure on what I'll do.

Comment

I'd do coils first so you can get your lows where you want it then measure for wheels.

I have Megan coilovers and I love them, well worth the money.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

i love these new kia's never seen the hatch though is this boosted?

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
              I'd do coils first so you can get your lows where you want it then measure for wheels.

I have Megan coilovers and I love them, well worth the money.
              Thanks, and yeah. I will be ordering my coilovers in about a month or so.

I'll be doing wheels after I get my lows dialed in.

Originally posted by pantsoffstanceoff View Post
              i love these new kia's never seen the hatch though is this boosted?
              Thanks, and no . I wish it was, lol.

Comment

Oh, and about the front lip situation. We finally got a refund the other day, almost 2 months from the original purchase date.

I'll have to find somewhere else to get the lip, or just keep rocking the garage door lip.

Comment

I like this alot actually, and i like the front end conversion
                  IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

At first, I read 2011 Kia.... was like oh boy. Than scrolled down and was like OH BOY. and then scrolled down some more and was like.... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. Im interested to see where this goes.
                    Anthony, Vancouver Canada

1990 Nissan 240sx Daily driver
                    1990 Nissan laurel [Never ending project]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by AmnKyle@911th View Post
                      I like this alot actually, and i like the front end conversion
                      Thanks man!

The front end conversion made all the difference IMO.

Originally posted by e30_vert View Post
                      At first, I read 2011 Kia.... was like oh boy. Than scrolled down and was like OH BOY. and then scrolled down some more and was like.... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. Im interested to see where this goes.
                      Lol, yeah I get that a lot.

Thanks! I'm itching to order my coilovers now, but I have to be good and wait lol.

Comment

Went to a KDM meet this weekend and got my wheels sold even after curbing one on the way there lol, now on to stance.

Here's a pic I took of my hatch @ the Stone Mountain KDM meet. Had a friend drive it, obviously lol.

That should be the last pic of my car with those wheels. I'm debating on ordering xxr 527's right this second. Not sure on what to do.

Comment

Stone mtn? In ga?

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                          Originally posted by nickskater09
                          I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Yeah, Stone Mountain, GA.

Comment

Looking good, get something other than 527's, so many people have those. Yet again, alot of people have XXR wheels lol.
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Thanks for the compliment

I know a lot of people run XXR wheels, but not many Forte's have them, hell, not many Forte's are modified at all. Especially not hatchbacks.

That said, I'll be ordering my coil overs in August, and I went ahead and ordered the 527s since my sale went from the other wheels went through & I found the size and color I wanted in stock. I kept the tires from the other wheels (225/40/18), I'm hoping they give a bit of stretch on the 8.75"

Comment

Working...
                                X