This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiment: Best Place to Put Your Water Traps

Over the years tons of customers have asked us about the most efficient place to put their water traps. Once we started stocking the clear plastic low psi water traps from Parker, we decided to do a test on which water trap placement method was better.

The water trap on the left is in line from the compressor to the tank. The trap on the right is in line from the tank to the manifold/valves. We've been daily driving this car for 5-6 weeks and the difference is pretty obvious.

Water traps in between the compressor and tank will catch more condensation however, the trap from the tank to the manifold is still very useful because it will collect any tank debris from entering your valves (especially if you have a steel tank).

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Sorry if i post this in the wrong spot,,,, ,, but I'm looking for the smallest diameter universal bags for a 2" O.D. Mcpherson strut:

The wheels hit the coilover perches even before I shortened the struts another 2 inches ..... imagine 2" lower perches:

What would you reccomend for Datsun struts 4" shorter than stock??: ..... I already have adjustable dampening KONI yellow race shocks

Last edited by indy510; 05-02-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by indy510 View Post
      Sorry if i post this in the wrong spot,,,, ,, but I'm looking for the smallest diameter universal bags for a 2" O.D. Mcpherson strut:

The wheels hit the coilover perches even before I shortened the struts another 2 inches ..... imagine 2" lower perches:
      Hey can you pm me about this?

Comment

Lol ^^^^

I have to agree with this. I was recommended when first putting my setup together to just run water traps in between the tank and the valves; pretty much to guarantee that no water reaches the valves and/or bags. After almost a year of having the setup...while it is nice to know I have little to know water in the bags/valves...the water traps are kind of a waste, at least on my setup. I have not seen a single drip of water coming out of those traps; all of the water is in my tank :/

Definitely a good idea to just have one in between the compressor and tank and one for back up between the tank and valves; I wish my setup would allow for it.

Comment

The traps in he OP didn't work for me. I now have these and I like them MUCH more
          Air and Schmidts

Comment

The results don't surprise me, especially if the experiment was done in a humid climate. The thing is, if there was no water trap between the compressor and the tank, then the tank will just hold the condensed water, which (for any owner with an airride car) should be regularly drained.

With electrically-operated valves (I run the VU4), I'm guessing it's important to keep the valves as dry as possible?
            House of Stance
            RAW Works

Comment

Originally posted by rayray086 View Post
              The results don't surprise me, especially if the experiment was done in a humid climate. The thing is, if there was no water trap between the compressor and the tank, then the tank will just hold the condensed water, which (for any owner with an airride car) should be regularly drained.

With electrically-operated valves (I run the VU4), I'm guessing it's important to keep the valves as dry as possible?
              I actually don't use a water trap on my car for the majority of the year and I too have the VU4. When I was out visiting Air Lift last year, they were doing a torture test on their AutoPilot V2 manifolds by cycling this air/ liquid road tar mixture through the valves. After seeing the manifold work perfectly, (the test had already been going on for over 100K cycles) I realized a little water in your manifold isn't going to harm it, unless it's cold out and the water freezes your valves open/shut.

I just have a ptc inflation valve and air line hooked up to my drain port and I empty my tank pretty regularly. I'll use a trap in the winter to minimize the amount of water that collects in my tank but since the VU4's have a lifetime warranty from AccuAir I'm not worried.

Comment

Ideally, wouldn't it be best to run both traps between the compressors and tank, as well as a trap between the tank and manifold? Looks like a solid setup

Comment

Working...
                X