This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
    Either way you're going to have to figure out how to keep your car alive for the time it takes to calibrate. There's no other way. Maybe take it to a level parking garage so you don't smoke yourself out? Also, the V2's internal pressure sensor only goes up to 175psi.
    Yeah, I still have to figure out how I'm going to calibrate it. If I use an external pressure switch, the v2 isn't going to (for lack of a better term) freak out due to tank pressure being above set limits? Then the bigger question, can the manifold handle +200psi? And lastly, in manual mode, why can't I press more then one button at a time? Does the manifold only allow one port to open at a time? (i.e. I want to make the ass drop, I press both rear down buttons, and it's like the valves stick. I then press the left wait till it's open then the right)

build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
      Yeah, I still have to figure out how I'm going to calibrate it. If I use an external pressure switch, the v2 isn't going to (for lack of a better term) freak out due to tank pressure being above set limits? Then the bigger question, can the manifold handle +200psi? And lastly, in manual mode, why can't I press more then one button at a time? Does the manifold only allow one port to open at a time? (i.e. I want to make the ass drop, I press both rear down buttons, and it's like the valves stick. I then press the left wait till it's open then the right)
      As far as I know, no one has used a normal non-adjustable pressure switch with the V2 yet. As long as you unplug the wire leading to the 86 on the relay from the actual V2 wiring harness, and wire up a non-adjustable to it, you should be able to achieve that 200psi cutoff.

The V2 should act normally with the non-adjustable pressure switch hooked up and they are coded to show 200psi for the tank pressure on the screen (I believe).

The manifold can definitely handle 200psi and there is talk about Air Lift releasing an updated firmware in the future that allows you to set your cutoff that high. The Mead dump mufflers have blown at 175psi so if you have one of those in your dump port, it won't stand a chance at 200psi. Other than that, the manifold is perfectly fine at 200psi.

The only way you can activate two or more valves at once on the V2 in manual mode is if you press the buttons at exactly the same time. If you're off by a split second, only one valve will work.... Sounds silly I know, but hopefully that's something they're going to work on for the future.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

hahaha, so I finally calibrated the system. set a preset, went to use the preset and my car was at 45 psi is each corner 155 in the tank. The preset is for 90 front 70 rear. the front went down to 0 then up to 120 at that point the smoke pouring front my front tires, my wife screaming, and the the car being forced into the shoulder at 30 mph was a blast so at this point fuck the presets. In my driveway I try to get the presets to function properly, and nothing. I get communication errors and tank pressure to low warnings (tank pressure is over 145) not once in the the 20 times that i tried to use a preset has a single preset worked.

build thread?

Comment

Wow, that's scary. I'm assuming everything was okay other than some extra wear on the tires? I've heard of the comm error and not being able to get to presets on one other occasion. You might want to check and make sure you have a good ignition source. Also are your power wire and ground are run straight to the battery?

Comment

yeah. everything was fine. I have been thinking about changing the ignition source and measuring the draw on the ignition side of the v2.

i have a 70amp fuse at the battery 4gauge wire to a distribution block in the trunk and the ground is to the chassis. Also my compressor is grounded to the chassis and the output side of the v2 compressor relay is going into 85 terminal on a 70amp relay for my compressor. input sides of relays are into distribution block as well.

build thread?

Comment

Your wiring is causing the issue! Contact me at jhart@airliftcompany.com, I apologize but I do not always get the chance to check forums.

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
                yeah. everything was fine. I have been thinking about changing the ignition source and measuring the draw on the ignition side of the v2.

i have a 70amp fuse at the battery 4gauge wire to a distribution block in the trunk and the ground is to the chassis. Also my compressor is grounded to the chassis and the output side of the v2 compressor relay is going into 85 terminal on a 70amp relay for my compressor. input sides of relays are into distribution block as well.
                Cool, you should try giving that ignition wire a constant 12V to see if that makes a difference with the presets. If it does, you'll have to find a different keyed power source.

Comment

So yesterday I finally got around to adding a relay and everything works 100%. so nice, so happy. I feel like I sounded like a dick in some earlier posts as I reread threw this so sorry for that.

the relay incase anyone is reading this is 85 ground, 86 previous ign source, 30 15amp fused from the battery, 87 ign input of v2, 87a not used.

build thread?

Comment

Glad you got it figured out!

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X