Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Chap From The UK - 6.0 V12 Inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chap From The UK - 6.0 V12 Inside...

Hi Chaps, I'm from the UK, I'm 24 & love cars! I have what I like to think of as a British Muscle Car, she's getting to be rather a rare beastie now too!

I've been a huge Jap car fan for the majority of my adult life until a recent change of circumstances meant that the RX7 had to go. Came accross this beautiful vehicle about a month later for £1000...

And under the hood, something rather special

6.0 V12 - currently ~330 bhp but she'll hopefully be kicking out a comfy 400bhp within the next year

[IMG][/IMG]

Plenty of space for more low!

A friend of mine has one of these bored/stroked to 8.4 litres - supercharged (standard cyl heads!) it makes 820 lb/ft of torque!

She's one of ~100 or so left either driving or currently off road (as far as my research can find out) so fairly rare

Plan.

Tidy her up and get her detailed
    Sort minor rust
    MOT etc
    Decent Dish
    Epic Fitment
    Low

And and exhaust note something along these lines, though perhaps not so rough.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzMa-ah1Vk&feature=related"]Jaguar XJ12 Starting[/ame]

Anyway Hi to all
    Last edited by - Fezcat -; 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM.

haha damn that sounds mean!

Can't wait to see what happens

Comment

Ah dude, neither can I - even auto she's in the low 6 seconds 0-60mph! Not bad for 2000kg of 20 year old car!

Manual conversion soon though

Comment

That sounds so mean!

Can't wait to see it come together, welcome to Stance|Works!

Comment

Easy dude and thanks! this place is HUGE!

The one linked above is the generation prior to mine, 5.3L V12 - the latter ones (ie mine) have a good bit more torque in them and a forged crank bottom end is bombproof - who knows what power they can make. Theres apparently a 7 litre twin turbo XJS putting out 1000 bhp somewhere lol!!!

My biggest problem, I cant decide on rims I like the bbs mesh style but it takes BMW PCD (120x5) so I was considering some E65 concave 19's and then airbags...

Margh too many options! anyway im off to bed, its 04:17am in the uk!!

Comment

always wanted to see a stanced jag like this... good luck!

cheers!

flickr

Comment

Oh dang. Very nice.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
              Originally posted by Oxer
              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

A nice Jag V12 stanced would be sweet, always wondered what one would look like.

Also that thing purrs sounds mean. Good luck!
                1975 BMW 2002 : : 1977 BMW 320i : : 1983 BMW 320i

Comment

:thumbup::thumbup:

Comment

haha thanks guys

At the moment the majority of my time is being taken up with sorting out rust *sigh* it is a jag after all!

Im royally fedup of people sticking shiny wheels and airbags on clapped out shitters that have no other mods and then go on about "built not bought"

She's going to be absolutely perfect by the time im finished that and insanely fast for a 2000kg car

Comment

You'll have to forgive me, im shite with photoshop - this is kinda what im aiming for...

Comment

If you can accomplish that, it would be fuckin awesome!
                        VW Golf V 1.9 TDI 2005

Comment

I just cant settle on what wheels im after. Front end shouldnt be a massive problem, i have a feeling that the rears ill need some hefty work to get them to take anything bigger than 9j at a reasonable height.

Another crappy photoshop..

Comment

second p-chop looks awesome! I'd do that one. cool car
                            1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                            1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Welcome to SW this will look so awesome if you can get this slammed like in the pics,there is a Jaguar appreciation thread on here in the Appreciton Section you need to go and check it out
                              Last edited by slimadi; 04-27-2012, 06:33 AM.
                              Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Working...
                              X