245 with V8

Dragster with volvo b20, watercooled!

Call 911, make a cop come!

-96 Chevrolet S10 (DD)
    -85 Saab 900 (Project)
    PhotoBlog
    Spotted In Narvik

Comment

Mattphi, more i see yours, more i want an S70!
      i guess it will be the next, definitely! i took a look on Volvospeed and CFLeuro, saw a lot of awesome bricks, but i have to say, yours is the coolest!
      my girl miss my 945 and she wants me to buy another Swedish car so, every one will be happy, and they are crazy cheap here in France but impossible to find a T5, 2,5L 20v will be enough after the TDI i guess!
      Passat sold on early january, next story fast after i hope!

Comment

Love how they look, **** how they drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ollycarbs View Post
          Mattphi, more i see yours, more i want an S70!
          i guess it will be the next, definitely! i took a look on Volvospeed and CFLeuro, saw a lot of awesome bricks, but i have to say, yours is the coolest!
          my girl miss my 945 and she wants me to buy another Swedish car so, every one will be happy, and they are crazy cheap here in France but impossible to find a T5, 2,5L 20v will be enough after the TDI i guess!
          Passat sold on early january, next story fast after i hope!
          Hey man, thank you so much. It's pretty hard to build a descent Volvo in the US. There is a very small amount of aftermarket parts available, and those parts are expensive, which is why not many people want to mod them.

Comment

My parents just bought my sisters a black S40. Man, I wish they'd let me mod it just a little...
            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
            2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
              My parents just bought my sisters a black S40. Man, I wish they'd let me mod it just a little...
              Here's a couple pictures of my old roommates S40. Slammed on KW's from a Madza 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
                Hey man, thank you so much. It's pretty hard to build a descent Volvo in the US. There is a very small amount of aftermarket parts available, and those parts are expensive, which is why not many people want to mod them.
                yeah i understand, in my side of Europe, the Volvo scene is so purist, it is really boring sometimes, when i had the 945 it was a pain to make them understand why i wanted lower it, then i never did it and sold it after 4 months...(robbing attempt and the diesel engine was really not fun at all! but the car was sick!)
                Anyway, if you find some parts here, pm me, if i can help, i will do.
                I hope to show you all, my Volvo in a few months or weeks...
                OK i stop speaking in this pictures thread! Sorry.

Comment

i just got rid of my 1989 740 turbo...i loved that volvo but i got an e46 now so i cant complain....but i miss that box car....i will post sum pics up later!

1990 325is- current project
                  1986 325e- Parts Donator
                  2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
                  1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

Cool to see a volvo thread. Here's a few pics of the current status of my winter beater:

It's lowered like 4" all around now, they start sky high! Right now the stock exhaust is ~.5" off the ground in places, I need to redo it before anything else can happen. As easy a time as I am having keeping it off the ground as it is though, I'm tempted to go quite a bit lower in the front when I do fix it.

It has shortened struts, the current front height is around the stock bottomed out position.

Comment

Originally posted by FJ40runr View Post
                      Cool to see a volvo thread. Here's a few pics of the current status of my winter beater:

It's lowered like 4" all around now, they start sky high! Right now the stock exhaust is ~.5" off the ground in places, I need to redo it before anything else can happen. As easy a time as I am having keeping it off the ground as it is though, I'm tempted to go quite a bit lower in the front when I do fix it.

It has shortened struts, the current front height is around the stock bottomed out position.
                      coilovers? coils? more details please

Comment

Good stuff i love the pics of the amazons
                        I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

Originally posted by JDM Babaganoosh View Post
                          coilovers? coils? more details please
                          After reading what you're thinking about doing, I think this setup should really be perfect for what you want. It has 8" 250lb 2.25in springs up front (cheap on ebay) and 3.5 coils cut in the rear. I also shortened the struts and used the saab shocks. Cheap as hell, I think I have like $100 invested total (excluding front end refresh), and you can be as slammed as you want with this setup. The key is the rate/length of spring you pick, if you wanted to be a little fancier you could add the afco sleeves. I think in the future I might try a 7" 350lb or something, the 250s are pretty soft and it's a bit low for a softish rate.

Here is my TB post about it, let me know if you have any more questions about it.

Hey guys, here's my 90 wagon. Just got done with a suspension overhaul using 8" 250lb 2.25 linear eibachs I found on ebay and saab 900 shocks. The rear I just cut 2.5 coils. I just cut the housings down and reused the stock spring seat (cut down a lot), cheaper than even doing the cheap...

Comment

FJ40, good idea, I'm stealing it.

Comment

Some awesome rides in here, wish my wife would let me mod her S60.
                              www.marcuscookephotography.com

Team RareJDM

Comment

Nice....
                                Am also love Volvo

cool pics that you show ...

By the way i used Volvo 940 with 1JZ GTE...

These are my car

someday i will make it lower than this
                                but my country, Street so suck
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by BujuGuru; 12-25-2009, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X