This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low and slow....skateboard

Slamboards are cool and all, but I wanted something a little classier. I thought about it for three to five minutes, then set off to work with the very minimal of equipment and created this in my laundry room:

Sorry for the shitty cell pix

It didn't turn, which was expected, and had an awesome braking feature, so I did some quick and crude carving to make it turn somewhat.

Overall I'm happy with it, it's not as low as I would like, but I gave it rake to make it look sporty. Plus, when it's in use it's only about 5-10mm off the ground depending on how fat the rider is.
    Last edited by JustinDanger; 04-16-2012, 10:56 PM.
    justindanger.com
    justindanger.tumblr.com
    190rev.net

Need to carve out the wheel wells a bit more but it's still holding up.

justindanger.com
    justindanger.tumblr.com
    190rev.net

Comment

I made a longboard like that a couple weeks ago. Basically took off the bindings and mountainboard trucks and put on longboard trucks, carves hard as shit

Originally posted by da3bous
      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

I gave it rake to make it look sporty.

Comment

HAHAHA nice one mate! I was not expecting that at all!!! I bet it feels real strange to ride?
          before last year i had skated for about 12 years, im really starting to miss it.

Comment

I got out of it when I was 14, got tired of landing on my back on the pavement. I started back three years ago with an old longboard I got from a friend (hassle me
            all you want, its fun).

Anyway, the strange thing is riding a normal board feels weird after riding this one. Its pretty entertaining. It gets stuck a lot...
            justindanger.com
            justindanger.tumblr.com
            190rev.net

Comment

Originally posted by JustinDanger View Post
              I got out of it when I was 14, got tired of landing on my back on the pavement. I started back three years ago with an old longboard I got from a friend (hassle me
              all you want, its fun).

Anyway, the strange thing is riding a normal board feels weird after riding this one. Its pretty entertaining. It gets stuck a lot...
              I was teaching my younger brother to skate on my old board and he ends up buying a longboard -_- but I tried it and they are pretty cool.. handles a lot better and with the right wheels you can take it anywhere. And running over rocks like nothing is more fun than triping over them haha

Comment

Working...
              X