Whitehorse ind - Three piece wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitehorse ind - Three piece wheels

Hi everybody. My name is Craig and am a director of the metal spinning company called Whitehorse Industries. Amongst the miriad of other things we make, three piece wheels are another thing that we do.

Many sizes can be manufactured - sizes include:

8", 9", 10”, 12”, 13”, 14”, 15”, 16”, 17”, 18” Diameter, and;

16.1” Tractor Pull Rims in 4.0mm 6061 Aluminium T6.

Material Specifications include:

1. Light Weight application 3.0mm 5005 Aluminium.

2. Medium low budget application 4.0mm 5005 Aluminium.

3. Top quality 4.0mm 6061 “T6” heat treated rim sections, and 5.0mm 6061 “T6” is available for larger diameter, deeper inner sections. All sizes include inner and outer profiles, to accommodate maximum brake clearance.

4. Cast Aluminium and Magnesium and billet centres are available from some of our below-mentioned race wheel suppliers.

We supply wheels from Formula SAE, to Porsche Cup, Sport Sedan Series, Sprint Car, Formula Holden, Midgets and Off Road Buggies, and any other wheel rim application.

Stepped and reverse mounts are available.

We would need a sample wheel or centre to work off to make sure the centre bore is accurate.

Typical turn around times vary from 4-6 weeks due to workload and heat treatment processes.

Prices vary according to diameter and width. As an example a 17 x 5 stepped outer barrel is around $160.00 + GST with polishing an extra $45.00 + GST

Hope this provides some insight into how wheels are made.

Cheers

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Winters; 05-03-2016, 02:16 AM.
    For all your motorsport wheel needs.

sigpic

At first I thought this was a spam thread, but then I realised who you are haha.

Good to have you posting on here Craig, Ive been meaning to get in touch with you guys, I might even swing by on tuesday to finally meet you guys in person.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

More than happy to help with any questions that anybody might have.

sigpic

Comment

Need to add that having new lips made for your rims is a cheap way to go. Average $165 each + $45 for polishing. Have been doing wheels for 20+ years so we know what we are doing.

Cheers

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Winters; 05-03-2016, 02:17 AM.

sigpic

Comment

If I have a 3 piece wheel, but the lip and barrel are welded together, can you machine off the lips and make new ones making them a true 3 piece?

Comment

welded rims. what a pain in the arse

Yes you can get the lip machined off the barrel and a new lip made. What do you have?

sigpic

Comment

Good question Oxer! I didn't really want to modify my 17" SSR FM from their factory specs but maybe this is the way to go...

Comment

What do you want to do?

sigpic

Comment

Pretty much all SSR wheels are welded... it is indeed a pain.

What sort of price would you be looking at for say a set of 16" welded wheels to have lips removed and new ones made?

Also, Why are you up so late and on here haha? Customer service is deffinately quality

Comment

ohh why no 19s???? i really need a set done but in 19s

Comment

As I mentioned before, allow about $165 ea for the new lip and $45 ea for polishing.

We don't machine the old lips off or drill and reassemble the new lips. You can get that done through eastern wheel works. I know that they charge about $120 for reassembly. Don't know about machining though.

As for being up so late, I'm on the Mrs iPad on holiday in Cairns.

Back to work on Tuesday.

Craig
                      Last edited by Craig Winters; 05-03-2016, 02:18 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
                        ohh why no 19s???? i really need a set done but in 19s
                        Hey mate.

Haven't had the demand for 19". Costs about $5000 for new tooling to be made.

sigpic

Comment

Fair enough.

Eastern wheel works wont machine off welded lips... And Re-assembly is easy..

We might have to do a little more research.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Craig! bed time for me

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                            Fair enough.

Eastern wheel works wont machine off welded lips... And Re-assembly is easy..

We might have to do a little more research.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Craig! bed time for me
                            I'll talk to Ron @ eastern wheel works. He has machined them apart a couple of times for people I have sent to him.

Failing that I can machine it off, just need to work out a price.
                            Last edited by Craig Winters; 04-13-2012, 09:07 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Hi Criag,
                              Will be looking to get some lips and barrels done through you guys in the near future for my autostradas and BBS RS. with the autostradas, they seem to have there own shape of lip, are you guys able to replicate that exactly if i already have one lip to copy off?
                              Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

Working...
                              X