Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitehorse ind - Three piece wheels

Default Whitehorse ind - Three piece wheels

Hi everybody. My name is Craig and am a director of the metal spinning company called Whitehorse Industries. Amongst the miriad of other things we make, three piece wheels are another thing that we do.

Many sizes can be manufactured - sizes include:

8", 9", 10”, 12”, 13”, 14”, 15”, 16”, 17”, 18” Diameter, and;

16.1” Tractor Pull Rims in 4.0mm 6061 Aluminium T6.

Material Specifications include:

1. Light Weight application 3.0mm 5005 Aluminium.

2. Medium low budget application 4.0mm 5005 Aluminium.

3. Top quality 4.0mm 6061 “T6” heat treated rim sections, and 5.0mm 6061 “T6” is available for larger diameter, deeper inner sections. All sizes include inner and outer profiles, to accommodate maximum brake clearance.

4. Cast Aluminium and Magnesium and billet centres are available from some of our below-mentioned race wheel suppliers.

We supply wheels from Formula SAE, to Porsche Cup, Sport Sedan Series, Sprint Car, Formula Holden, Midgets and Off Road Buggies, and any other wheel rim application.

Stepped and reverse mounts are available.

We would need a sample wheel or centre to work off to make sure the centre bore is accurate.

Typical turn around times vary from 4-6 weeks due to workload and heat treatment processes.

Prices vary according to diameter and width. As an example a 17 x 5 stepped outer barrel is around $160.00 + GST with polishing an extra $45.00 + GST

Hope this provides some insight into how wheels are made.

Cheers

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Winters; 05-03-2016 at 02:16 AM.

At first I thought this was a spam thread, but then I realised who you are haha.

Good to have you posting on here Craig, Ive been meaning to get in touch with you guys, I might even swing by on tuesday to finally meet you guys in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

More than happy to help with any questions that anybody might have.

Need to add that having new lips made for your rims is a cheap way to go. Average $165 each + $45 for polishing. Have been doing wheels for 20+ years so we know what we are doing.

Cheers

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Winters; 05-03-2016 at 02:17 AM.

If I have a 3 piece wheel, but the lip and barrel are welded together, can you machine off the lips and make new ones making them a true 3 piece?

welded rims. what a pain in the arse

Yes you can get the lip machined off the barrel and a new lip made. What do you have?

Good question Oxer! I didn't really want to modify my 17" SSR FM from their factory specs but maybe this is the way to go...

What do you want to do?

Pretty much all SSR wheels are welded... it is indeed a pain.

What sort of price would you be looking at for say a set of 16" welded wheels to have lips removed and new ones made?

Also, Why are you up so late and on here haha? Customer service is deffinately quality

ohh why no 19s???? i really need a set done but in 19s

As I mentioned before, allow about $165 ea for the new lip and $45 ea for polishing.

We don't machine the old lips off or drill and reassemble the new lips. You can get that done through eastern wheel works. I know that they charge about $120 for reassembly. Don't know about machining though.

As for being up so late, I'm on the Mrs iPad on holiday in Cairns.

Back to work on Tuesday.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Winters; 05-03-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by INDOMI View Post
    ohh why no 19s???? i really need a set done but in 19s
    Hey mate.

Haven't had the demand for 19". Costs about $5000 for new tooling to be made.

Fair enough.

Eastern wheel works wont machine off welded lips... And Re-assembly is easy..

We might have to do a little more research.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Craig! bed time for me

Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    Fair enough.

Eastern wheel works wont machine off welded lips... And Re-assembly is easy..

We might have to do a little more research.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Craig! bed time for me
    I'll talk to Ron @ eastern wheel works. He has machined them apart a couple of times for people I have sent to him.

Failing that I can machine it off, just need to work out a price.
    Last edited by Craig Winters; 04-13-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Hi Criag,
    Will be looking to get some lips and barrels done through you guys in the near future for my autostradas and BBS RS. with the autostradas, they seem to have there own shape of lip, are you guys able to replicate that exactly if i already have one lip to copy off?
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Damn, I wish you guys were in the US.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

georgeMK1 Guest

This is funny haha, i actually emailed you guys about a week or two ago Craig and got a quote for 14" stepped dishes.

WIll be looking forward to doing business in the very near future, and i think you're prices are very reasonable !

craig good to see you on here

you guys did a great job on the white BBS RS. Ill put some pics up eventually

but yes, also very interest on the prices for the SSR mesh appears you guys have done them before

Hi Craig,

I have a Pair of 18x9 Work Euroline DH, are you able to re-barrel them as i needed a 12 inch wide barrel and Work dont make them in that size?

if so, What price are we looking at?

Cheers
    Omar

Quote Originally Posted by BossBaller View Post
    Hi Craig,

I have a Pair of 18x9 Work Euroline DH, are you able to re-barrel them as i needed a 12 inch wide barrel and Work dont make them in that size?

Cheers
    Omar
    work make wheels up to 18x15" wide

the barrel is not 1 piece, it is inner and outer barrel

to make them 12s you will either need new front barrels or new front and rear barrels depending on your target offset

i just sold a set of 5" wide 18" work lips and the matching rear barrels recently from my 18x12 and 18x13 works

AFAIK Whitehorse do not do Work style round lip edge, only the Simmonds style edge, but i'll let Craig correct me on that if i'm wrong
    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    Hi Criag,
    Will be looking to get some lips and barrels done through you guys in the near future for my autostradas and BBS RS. with the autostradas, they seem to have there own shape of lip, are you guys able to replicate that exactly if i already have one lip to copy off?
    Quote Originally Posted by BossBaller View Post
    Hi Craig,

Cheers
    Omar
    Quote Originally Posted by 180roman View Post
    work make wheels up to 18x15" wide

the barrel is not 1 piece, it is inner and outer barrel

to make them 12s you will either need new front barrels or new front and rear barrels depending on your target offset

i just sold a set of 5" wide 18" work lips and the matching rear barrels recently from my 18x12 and 18x13 works

AFAIK Whitehorse do not do Work style round lip edge, only the Simmonds style edge, but i'll let Craig correct me on that if i'm wrong
    You are spot on right 180roman. See my sig and go to the Whitehorse Industries website and download the measurement form on the three piece wheel page. Fill it in and fax or email it back to me.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by x10hz View Post
    craig good to see you on here

you guys did a great job on the white BBS RS. Ill put some pics up eventually

but yes, also very interest on the prices for the SSR mesh appears you guys have done them before
    Is that you Sem? If so glad you are happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Winters View Post
    Is that you Sem? If so glad you are happy with them.
    It is indeed once they have rubber on em ill shoot some pics up

ah ok, thanks for the info 180roman, i went onto the work website few months back and contacted them about the sizes i wanted but they told me that 18x10 was the max they did in the euroline style?

ill check out your site craig

cheers

Craig you have done some great work for lips over the years on Dad's racecar wheels etc. Keep up the good work!