Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 83 Mk1 Vw Rabbit! Static life.

Default 83 Mk1 Vw Rabbit! Static life.

So this will be the first time i have posted this on any forum. Let me know what you guys think. 15x7.5 et 15(front) 15x7.5 et0(rear) Ronal Act LS meshes with 165/50/15s. for the coilovers i have Rokkors no helper springs and bump stops.I am also doing a tie rod flip and notch soon.

Last edited by Williammk1; 04-09-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Nice mk1! I sold mine a few monts ago.. A european one tho. They look so special in us.

great start!

Notch is done for now. ill weld it up later.

update! got some of terrys "The Super Deluxs" and well its on the ground now

wow i love this.
    doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

georgeMK1 Guest

Awesome work man ! I love it, looks great. youve got it damn low too ! Its strange, i have slammed my mk1 to the point where the sump is 2cm off the ground, and its just bloody undrivable lol. Yes looks cool, but really unpractical haha ! Otherwise you're doing great man, im definately sub'd !

Btw dude what size did you use for the notching on both sides?

Quote Originally Posted by georgeMK1 View Post
    Awesome work man ! I love it, looks great. youve got it damn low too ! Its strange, i have slammed my mk1 to the point where the sump is 2cm off the ground, and its just bloody undrivable lol. Yes looks cool, but really unpractical haha ! Otherwise you're doing great man, im definately sub'd !

Btw dude what size did you use for the notching on both sides?
    Thanks man!

My next big thing is cutting the fenders under the flares, because i cant really turn tucking that much. And covering it up with the flares.and ill probably do the rears as well because iv pulled them so much as they will go and they just wont go anymore. So by cutting them no more rubbing and everything should clear.

I did a 1 1/2 notch on both sides. i have not got the chance to weld it up. just be careful on the passenger side. There is a brake line that runs on the frame rail. I was not thinking about it when i did it. But i almost cut it, I missed it by a hair haha!

georgeMK1 Guest

You can do that? Cut under the arches? hahaha shit dude had no clue. You got fb? id love to see some more pics!

As for the chassis, my mk1 is a stripped shell so i got no worries, however did you use a 1 1/2" hole saw? or just made random cuts with grinder like most people? Coz i know metal hole saws are fucking expensive LOL

2low2go is offline Here for the Gangbang! StanceWorks Regular

static mk1, notched frame, game over! this thread delivers!

98z24ragtop is offline Now driving a 99 SC300 StanceWorks Visitor

God damn, that thing is sick! sooooooo loooowwwww. I dig it!

You can do that? Cut under the arches? hahaha shit dude had no clue. You got fb? id love to see some more pics!

As for the chassis, my mk1 is a stripped shell so i got no worries, however did you use a 1 1/2" hole saw? or just made random cuts with grinder like most people? Coz i know metal hole saws are fucking expensive LOL

Thats what i plan on doing.

my facebook- http://www.facebook.com/william.cassada.666

Yea i used a hole saw. then used a Sawzall to clean it up. it was pretty easy. I am pretty sure i used a wood one but just lube it up and it worked for me.

mother of god... now that's low, but isn't it totally undrivable...or some engine lifting is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by projektzwo View Post
    mother of god... now that's low, but isn't it totally undrivable...or some engine lifting is coming?
    Ill have to raise it up a tad bit. And ill probably get a short pan made.

dude this thing is awesome man wish i could get my car that low lol
    Mazda 3 and Ford Bantam (XR3i Ute) // 2011 Mazda 3 SP25 Sport

georgeMK1 Guest

Dude my current mk1 is no joke 1-2cm off the ground, and i need planks of wood to get it out of the driveway, and ive been beached heaps of times. Got no clue how you drive haha, but whatever it is, its fucking awesome !!

This is what i do every single day hahahaha ! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXKAzgrnyI&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXKAzgrnyI&feature=plcp[/ame]

have slammed my mk1 to the point where the sump is 2cm off the ground

Dude my current mk1 is no joke 1-2cm off the ground, and i need planks of wood to get it out of the driveway, and ive been beached heaps of times. Got no clue how you drive haha, but whatever it is, its fucking awesome !!

This is what i do every single day hahahaha ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXKAzgrnyI&feature=plcp
    Yea my drive way is reallllly bad. and part of its gravel. and the roads around here suck! but once i get everything dailed in. ill make a video of me getting out my crazy drive way. i just drive slow. hahaha

Out with the old. Since this picture the head is off and everything esle is unbolted. its ready to come out and then the real fun starts

Almost out.

Update. Painted the bay.