Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87

Thread: 83 Mk1 Vw Rabbit! Static life.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default 83 Mk1 Vw Rabbit! Static life.

    So this will be the first time i have posted this on any forum. Let me know what you guys think. 15x7.5 et 15(front) 15x7.5 et0(rear) Ronal Act LS meshes with 165/50/15s. for the coilovers i have Rokkors no helper springs and bump stops.I am also doing a tie rod flip and notch soon.







    Last edited by Williammk1; 04-09-2012 at 06:12 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Nice mk1! I sold mine a few monts ago.. A european one tho. They look so special in us.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    4,835

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bulgaria / EU
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    great start!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Notch is done for now. ill weld it up later.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    update! got some of terrys "The Super Deluxs" and well its on the ground now








  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    211

    Default

    wow i love this.
    doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default


  9. #9
    georgeMK1 Guest

    Default

    Awesome work man ! I love it, looks great. youve got it damn low too ! Its strange, i have slammed my mk1 to the point where the sump is 2cm off the ground, and its just bloody undrivable lol. Yes looks cool, but really unpractical haha ! Otherwise you're doing great man, im definately sub'd !

    Btw dude what size did you use for the notching on both sides?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgeMK1 View Post
    Awesome work man ! I love it, looks great. youve got it damn low too ! Its strange, i have slammed my mk1 to the point where the sump is 2cm off the ground, and its just bloody undrivable lol. Yes looks cool, but really unpractical haha ! Otherwise you're doing great man, im definately sub'd !

    Btw dude what size did you use for the notching on both sides?
    Thanks man!

    My next big thing is cutting the fenders under the flares, because i cant really turn tucking that much. And covering it up with the flares.and ill probably do the rears as well because iv pulled them so much as they will go and they just wont go anymore. So by cutting them no more rubbing and everything should clear.

    I did a 1 1/2 notch on both sides. i have not got the chance to weld it up. just be careful on the passenger side. There is a brake line that runs on the frame rail. I was not thinking about it when i did it. But i almost cut it, I missed it by a hair haha!

  11. #11
    georgeMK1 Guest

    Default

    You can do that? Cut under the arches? hahaha shit dude had no clue. You got fb? id love to see some more pics!

    As for the chassis, my mk1 is a stripped shell so i got no worries, however did you use a 1 1/2" hole saw? or just made random cuts with grinder like most people? Coz i know metal hole saws are fucking expensive LOL

  12. #12
    2low2go's Avatar
    2low2go is offline Here for the Gangbang! StanceWorks Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SFBay Area
    Posts
    461

    Default

    static mk1, notched frame, game over! this thread delivers!

  13. #13
    98z24ragtop's Avatar
    98z24ragtop is offline Now driving a 99 SC300 StanceWorks Visitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    126

    Default

    God damn, that thing is sick! sooooooo loooowwwww. I dig it!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgeMK1 View Post
    You can do that? Cut under the arches? hahaha shit dude had no clue. You got fb? id love to see some more pics!

    As for the chassis, my mk1 is a stripped shell so i got no worries, however did you use a 1 1/2" hole saw? or just made random cuts with grinder like most people? Coz i know metal hole saws are fucking expensive LOL


    Thats what i plan on doing.

    my facebook- http://www.facebook.com/william.cassada.666

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Malinwa
    Posts
    22,860

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgeMK1 View Post
    You can do that? Cut under the arches? hahaha shit dude had no clue. You got fb? id love to see some more pics!

    As for the chassis, my mk1 is a stripped shell so i got no worries, however did you use a 1 1/2" hole saw? or just made random cuts with grinder like most people? Coz i know metal hole saws are fucking expensive LOL
    Yea i used a hole saw. then used a Sawzall to clean it up. it was pretty easy. I am pretty sure i used a wood one but just lube it up and it worked for me.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bulgaria / EU
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    mother of god... now that's low, but isn't it totally undrivable...or some engine lifting is coming?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by projektzwo View Post
    mother of god... now that's low, but isn't it totally undrivable...or some engine lifting is coming?
    Ill have to raise it up a tad bit. And ill probably get a short pan made.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Shore, New Zealand
    Posts
    192

    Default

    dude this thing is awesome man wish i could get my car that low lol
    Mazda 3 and Ford Bantam (XR3i Ute) // 2011 Mazda 3 SP25 Sport

  20. #20
    georgeMK1 Guest

    Default

    Dude my current mk1 is no joke 1-2cm off the ground, and i need planks of wood to get it out of the driveway, and ive been beached heaps of times. Got no clue how you drive haha, but whatever it is, its fucking awesome !!

    This is what i do every single day hahahaha ! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXKAzgrnyI&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXKAzgrnyI&feature=plcp[/ame]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default

    have slammed my mk1 to the point where the sump is 2cm off the ground

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgeMK1 View Post
    Dude my current mk1 is no joke 1-2cm off the ground, and i need planks of wood to get it out of the driveway, and ive been beached heaps of times. Got no clue how you drive haha, but whatever it is, its fucking awesome !!

    This is what i do every single day hahahaha ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXKAzgrnyI&feature=plcp
    Yea my drive way is reallllly bad. and part of its gravel. and the roads around here suck! but once i get everything dailed in. ill make a video of me getting out my crazy drive way. i just drive slow. hahaha

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Out with the old. Since this picture the head is off and everything esle is unbolted. its ready to come out and then the real fun starts


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Almost out.


  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Update. Painted the bay.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •