Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its official, im confused... (bag over coilovers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He probably doesn't have much travel in the front. In a perfect world the Aerosport has 5.25" of travel. You will rarely ever get this out of the bag though. As I mentioned before, there is a tendancy to wind the bottom of the bag down in an effort to get the car low, but usually something else is holding the car up and all you do is limit the amount of travel the bag has.

The top of the bag will only drop until something it holds it up. That may be the top plate hitting the top of the coil body, a control arm, tie rod, axle, sway bar ... whatever. But you can move the bottom of the bag to add or subtract lift.

Here is a quick image to show you what i mean. The two on the left have the bottom of the bag sitting higher then on the right. At rest, however the top of the bag will go to the same place.

Last edited by J.Owen; 12-18-2009, 03:45 PM.
    “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Thanks fellas, and damn mpv that VW is straight FITTED.

Comment

did you notch your frame and how much did you notch if so?

Comment

Originally posted by mpv View Post
          not quite everything listed with analog gauges and 5 switch eai switch box i can do for around 1200-1300 plus shipping if you want digital management then I can get you in around 1700-1800.

for the 1200-1300 here is what I can get you

2 universal air strut over bags
          2 slam specialties re5's or universal air airhouse 2's
          1 viair 380 compressor
          1 4 gallon aluminium tank ( can do 3 gallon or 5 gallon not much difference $)
          1 4 way manifold for fbss
          2 viair dual needle gauges ( choice of white or black face)
          50 feet of 3/8" dot air lines
          50 feet of 1/4" dot air lines
          1 eai 5 switch chrome switch box
          1 viair pressure switch
          1 viair relay switch
          all necesasry fittings ( push connect )
          1 water trap
          Ill keep this in mind. Probably do this during the summer time. All depends on how much I like these coilovers that are all wrapped up underneath the tree downstairs

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
            ^looks like little to no travel in the front but plenty in the rear. is that just the pictures or is it like that in real life?
            sorry should have mentioned the front is only at about 40 psi in the pic while the rear is at about 65 psi so the front comes up about another 1" to 3/4" i have enough room to almost make a fist when off the ground. The driveway is also slanted which doesnt help the pic much either

Comment

just from my experience

Y33 on UAS bags, with S13 front suspension swap, and CST coils.
              I ran about 80 PSI daily
              Needed it stiffer since i drove low low

Pics of my setup:

not inflated

you can see the notch i made to fit the fitting

Now the way i set up the car, was to put it on the ground and on teh kit when it was fully deflated.
              I did some prelimiary measurements using the bag compressed size and stroke of hte shock blah blah and adjsuted it. After some fine tuning of the setup i ended up with this:

you can see the travel path here

finished product at ride height:

and at full down

in a perfect world id haev the bag tested at XX psi to get an equivalent Spring rate (obviously not the exact same due to the different compression/rebound characteristics of a spring vs bag) and then get shocks valved to said springrate equivalency.

but, i never keep a car long enough so whatever
              Disclaimer:
              I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

^Thats sick man.

Im defiantly going to start putting a kit together during the summer. Im lucky enough that my parents help me with gas/car payment/insurance during college so I don't have to get a job. Its nice being fully committed to school but I miss having the spare cash laying around.

-Dan

Comment

i'm definitely going to look into this..

Comment

yoko we ran almost an identical setup on my boys Q

Comment

^^^so dope^^^
                      Yakota's builds are always well done too, I've drooled over the black one on emits for some time now.

Comment

knockoffs FTMFL. if you cant afford the real deal get something cheaper.
                        1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                        Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by yokotas13
                          except my fitment was correct and i dont buy knockoffs

real deal Orden>SL
                          that statement right there just made me lose all respect for you, I would take his q over your bucket anyday of the week,

since when are work eurolines knockoffs, last time i checked they were almost identical in price to most of super stars wheels. As far as fitment goes he was running 19x9 et 0 and 19 x 10 et -6. The wheels were custom made for that air ride setup and and we dilaed it in at -23 degrees of camber in the rear at full drop.

Comment

Originally posted by yokotas13
                            oh you mean like my 28*?

(since you dont like seeing cars in progress ill post this version)
                            BTW Sls were almost 1300.00 less than Ordens when they were out
                            His fitment sucks
                            he isnt flush at all in the front, and can use a spacer in the rear. i see space between the lip and fender on the sides in the rear

My damn VAN has better fitment that his GS

not to say it doesnt look good, but its far from where it could be
                            (btw, i highly contest his camber settings. note my tires arent even touching the ground?....exactly)
                            bumper still fits like shit, you should spent less on the wheels and more on the body work

Oh and I own a shop and not once have paid anyone to do any of the work on my car. In the 6 years that I have owned it it has seen 10 different sets of coilovers, 5 different big brake kits, 7 different aero kits, its been resprayed 4 times, Ive had 17 sets of wheels and like you i dont rock knockoffs, the interior has seen 6 different re-trims. So before you go and open your mouth you should really get your facts straight, my car is 100% built not bought
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

no no drama, no no no no drama
                              1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                              Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

people dont like it when i point shit out. i know my cars are hunks, but fitment is always on point
                                Disclaimer:
                                I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Working...
                                X