Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its official, im confused... (bag over coilovers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt....

Didn't you sell your car? and Isn't your "Shop" outta commision?

Comment

Everyone settle down or I'm locking this thread. Yokota, try not to stir the pot too much.

Both your car and Mark's car were done great. Though, try not to come off as a stuck up prick saying your shit is better than his or anything like that. I am not saying you are, it just comes off that way.

PS: There are subtle differences between SL's and Ordens. I don't think they're true "replicas" in that sense because they have some minor details (spoke wise).

Edit: Wow, I'm a bit late to this party. It seems you guys left it as is. Keep it that way, please.
      Last edited by Han; 01-04-2010, 10:01 AM.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by mpv View Post
        yoko we ran almost an identical setup on my boys Q

more pics needed i like

Comment

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
          Everyone settle down or I'm locking this thread. Yokota, try not to stir the pot too much.

Both your car and Mark's car were done great. Though, try not to come off as a stuck up prick saying your shit is better than his or anything like that. I am not saying you are, it just comes off that way.

PS: There are subtle differences between SL's and Ordens. I don't think they're true "replicas" in that sense because they have some minor details (spoke wise).

Edit: Wow, I'm a bit late to this party. It seems you guys left it as is. Keep it that way, please.
          the only difference is 3 bolts vs 4.
          Disclaimer:
          I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

rofl
            sigpic
            http://libertyvip.wordpress.com/

Comment

very helpful thread. thanks to everyone who commited haha

i finally clearly understand what i wanna do with m car this summer!

Comment

I'm beginning to think about how I will proceed to put my BMW E21 on air.

I'm considering Universal Aero Sport bags over my coilovers in the front but in the rear I have no idea what are the possible ways of doing it

Can someone help me to choose the right setup for the rear. What are U Mc Pherson guys putting as bags in the rear 'cause UAS bags are a bit wide in diameter and I'm scared about clearance issues between my rims and the bags?

Enter the E21st century

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
                  just from my experience

Y33 on UAS bags, with S13 front suspension swap, and CST coils.
                  I ran about 80 PSI daily
                  Needed it stiffer since i drove low low

Pics of my setup:

not inflated

you can see the notch i made to fit the fitting

Now the way i set up the car, was to put it on the ground and on teh kit when it was fully deflated.
                  I did some prelimiary measurements using the bag compressed size and stroke of hte shock blah blah and adjsuted it. After some fine tuning of the setup i ended up with this:

you can see the travel path here

finished product at ride height:

and at full down

in a perfect world id haev the bag tested at XX psi to get an equivalent Spring rate (obviously not the exact same due to the different compression/rebound characteristics of a spring vs bag) and then get shocks valved to said springrate equivalency.

but, i never keep a car long enough so whatever
                  how does the bag stay sealed?

Comment

The bag is already sealed, its like they took and air spring cut a large hole in the center and then resealed the inside.
                    this is what the inside looks like
                    killasnapshot

Comment

its not fool proof, if you have a car where the strut turns with the steering wheels, the bag tends to rotate, then doesn't rotate back, then you run into all sorts of issues, i've ripped the airline out of my bag overs, i've rubbed a hole through the leader line.

you gotta worry about wheel clearance, cuz that's a big deal, you can't just spin that shit down and expect it to clear a wide wheel. All in all, i would NEVER run bag over coils ever again after my initial experience.
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by d.tek View Post
                        its not fool proof, if you have a car where the strut turns with the steering wheels, the bag tends to rotate, then doesn't rotate back, then you run into all sorts of issues, i've ripped the airline out of my bag overs, i've rubbed a hole through the leader line.

you gotta worry about wheel clearance, cuz that's a big deal, you can't just spin that shit down and expect it to clear a wide wheel. All in all, i would NEVER run bag over coils ever again after my initial experience.
                        Depends on the suspension set up. Double wishbone doesn't have that problem with the wheel/tire clearance. However, then, the knuckle arm and bag clearance comes into play.
                        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                        if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                        Originally posted by Jedidiah
                        he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Bearings?

Measuring tape?

Comment

I agree that it is not fool proof, thats why air isnt for everyone but I have to disagree, when installed properly you will not have a single issue. I have ran bag overs for about 20k miles... none of this has happened to me and my struts turn with my steering.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                              Bearings?
                              Agreed. I used a set of these on the perch to allow the bagover to spin freely.

Comment

Working...
                              X