'04 Passat from Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '04 Passat from Texas!

Soo.. Hello! My name is Michael, I'm 22 from TX. I just bought this a couple months ago as it is seen here..

2004 Passat GLX 4Motion

Pretty much the suspension has been modified and the dealer put those rims on it because the previous owner had some dubs on it. I would like to work on getting some negative camber. I wanted to get 18" Rotiform BLQs on it, but since I realized the rims that are on it right now are 18"s, I'm thinking about getting 19"s. But do I get 19x8.5 or x9.5? And then what about the tire width? I don't want extreme stretch, just a little bit. A little a lot. lol, i don't know.

I pretty much have no idea how to do the whole stance stretch thing. It probably won't be until the end of the summer until I get the Rotiforms, so I want to do neg. camber for now, especially in the back which looks like it's positive. Do I need spacers? Do I need a new suspension set up?

I do know that I do want to stick with coil-overs because I don't want to bother with air-ride. Laying it down when I park isn't what I'm trying to do. The current ride height is pretty perfect for me.

So yeah, I just want some pointers. I'll do a search to see if I can figure it out, but I probably won't. I guess my biggest thing right now is how the back wheels are sitting, I guess after that I should get some spacers to make them flush.. How do I know what spacers to get? Do I just play around with sizes until I get the look I want? And what about the camber?
    Last edited by mikal; 03-29-2012, 03:09 PM.

Hello Micheal, welcome to S|W.

If I where you, I'd get my mind straight about what you want. Do you want 18" or 19", do you want A little stretch or a lot, do you want 8,5 or 9,5. You said your ride hight now is perfect, but you say you don't want air but coils.. coils bring you down a few inch, and if your ride hight is perfect now, it won't be when you install coils. On the other hand, you can't be stanced if you dont drop your car. Do you need spacers? Depends on how wide your rims are. Do you need camber? Again, depends on the set of tires and suspension.

Again, if I where you I'd make a choice about what you want.. Slamming it on coils would be a good way te start.. From there, you can choose what kind of wheels you want, and how you want them to look. Poked or tucked? Then you can choose how wide you want your rims to be. You can always get an extra spacer of you want to poke it more. Tire size can be calculated on the internet (look for something like "wheel size calculator" and tyrestretch.com

I'd start with the looooooowwsss, and work my way from there
    Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Comment

Hi, iloow! Thanks for the welcome and your input..

I /think/ that the previous owner had already modified the suspension, so I guess it's already on coils, but should I upgrade to an adjustable set, if it isn't already (which I doubt)? The wheels that are on the car are 18"s with no stretch, so looking at it, if I were to keep it at 18 with stretch then the wheels would look smaller, right? So I guess I'll probably be looking at 19"s.

The way I want it to sit, I would say I want the top of the wheel to be as flush as possible with the fender.

I don't know, my mechanic is going to look at my car on Monday and I already told him what I have in mind so I guess I'll let him play around with it. I don't want anything overly aggresive or anything, I just want it to look clean and maintain everyday driveability.

(:

Comment

I basically want my car to look like this!

Comment

If you already have coils, then let your mechanic drop it

Then you can see how your wheels sit and how wide you need to go to get the look you want. (Look at rim size, and add the couple of inches you want to go wider)

19" is probably a good fit like the Audi in your picture
          Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Comment

Looking forward to the newer mods.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
            Originally posted by Oxer
            You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
            Originally posted by Average_Jerk
            Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Working...
            X