E30 momo steering wheel question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 momo steering wheel question

Ok, I got a 91 318is, I'm getting a Momo wheel, I've heard alot of different things about the hub adapter. Does anybody know the correct hub to get? or at least if the steering wheels spacer is needed? if it is, where can I order one besides BMW? Thanks for any help.

any e30 mom hub will fit. as far as the air bag thingy, it will just throw on the light so pull the srs lightbulb out when you put you hub on.

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
      any e30 mom hub will fit. as far as the air bag thingy, it will just throw on the light so pull the srs lightbulb out when you put you hub on.
      Ok thanks, do you know anything about the spacer needed to fully cover the splines, so its not loose when fully tightened down?

Comment

ive never heard of that problem on any ofthe e30 boards im on, can you show me a pic of shat you mean? your name for the part my be called something else in e30 terms.

Comment

I have a hub with Momo bolt pattern and it fit just fine. Pulled the old wheel off, installed hub, then put new wheel on. Been driving this way for a few months with no problems.
          ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
          Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
            ive never heard of that problem on any ofthe e30 boards im on, can you show me a pic of shat you mean? your name for the part my be called something else in e30 terms.
            I dont have any pics. From what I've gathered on the E30 boards, its called a steering wheel spacer.??

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
            I have a hub with Momo bolt pattern and it fit just fine. Pulled the old wheel off, installed hub, then put new wheel on. Been driving this way for a few months with no problems.
            What year E30 do you have? Mine is a 91 with an airbag, I heard that the splines are thicker on the airbag column than the non airbag column. Therefore the spacer is needed, to take up the extra slack that would be there when the nut is fully tightened down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStig View Post
              I dont have any pics. From what I've gathered on the E30 boards, its called a steering wheel spacer.??

What year E30 do you have? Mine is a 91 with an airbag, I heard that the splines are thicker on the airbag column than the non airbag column. Therefore the spacer is needed, to take up the extra slack that would be there when the nut is fully tightened down.
              I have a non-airbag model so no problems. However, if I'm understanding correctly I don't see why you couldn't use some washers...

Comment

Just get the spacer from a non air bag car at a junkyard. quick and easy fix.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                  I have a non-airbag model so no problems. However, if I'm understanding correctly I don't see why you couldn't use some washers...
                  I think its kinda hard to find washers with that big of a center.

Comment

Ehh fuck it, ill just put it on the M3

Comment

lol well thats one use for it

Comment

Haha yeah, why not??

Comment

Which Momo is it?

Comment

Mod 07

Comment

Ok, so the hub doesnt fit the E36 either, its a 98.5 and it was made in the wrong damn month. The splines are different and Momo doesnt make the right hub for it. Any suggestions??

Comment

Working...
                              X