X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50mm !?!?

burger

Comment

yup 50mm at the time before i was into proper low and stance, was worried about blowing stock struts...

now saving up for coilovers to do it properly ( R400 for springs vs R9000 for proper coilovers )

yeah lame drop i know lol

was merely answering the guys post about compressed springs
      Bone stock 2004 Audi A8

Comment

Cut springs will make you car handle like a boat.
        Because they don`t have the strenght enough to hold the weight.

A good article:http://craig.backfire.ca/pages/autos/cutting-springs
        Last edited by cangri; 03-27-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

^^^ This guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam. View Post
            ^^^ This guy.
            Truth.
            "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty_thirty View Post
              Would you get a better result out of cutting lowering springs over stock springs? My car came with H&R springs and people were telling me to just cut them since I wouldn't be out any money.
              Anyone got an idea on this??

My Intro Here:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50512
              My E34 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54494
              My '78 CB750 Build Thread:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56809

Comment

find a set of stock springs, cut them for the amount of oil pan you dont mind losing, and see how you like it, and then go from there with the lowering springs

Comment

i like cut springs. if you cut one or two coils, it will raise the spring rate ever so slightly. when you cut 3.5 like me, they get kind of floaty. but its not a race car, so who cares? they seat perfectly and work like they should, so yea!

1989 Volvo 240 turbo

Comment

Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

^^^^ hahahah this is too good, ox btw what suspension are you on?
                      HoodRatStatus
                      Instagram @looneylow

Comment

My E28 is running 2 coils cut in the front and all it did was stiffen it up with around 2-3 inches lower. I plan on cutting the backs soon because it worked alot better than I thought it would. It's time to save for coilovers though. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
                        my tumblr.
                        What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

you guys are cheap bastards, with racelands out for almost everything now this shouldnt be a debate. do it the right way or go lay down.
                          Hi!

Comment

^its not as easy as just going out and doing it the right way for some of us due to financial set backs and so on. but we cant give up on our passion so we do what we can afford and use inginuity and friends in the community to help us out, and thats what this thread is for

Comment

Cut and dont look back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopy View Post
                                ^its not as easy as just going out and doing it the right way for some of us due to financial set backs and so on. but we cant give up on our passion so we do what we can afford and use inginuity and friends in the community to help us out, and thats what this thread is for
                                what about your safety and the safety of others that you share the road with?
                                Hi!

Comment

Working...
                                X