No announcement yet.

Auto or Manual Trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual. Only real way to do it honestly.

Comment

Manual.

Auto sucks balls.

Comment

^^^ x1000
        first i need to have a DD to choose but right now i have that DSG tranny and though it can be fun its boring. Its fun to pretend your driving a ferrari or f1 car with the paddles that actually work but its still not the same. And as soon as your with other car fanatics and you tell them you drive an auto all of a sudden your pathetic LOL, that and i have had to replace my DSG twice!!!! fucking twice!!!! it keeps failing and eating gears. Manual is always the better choice.

Comment

My truck is a manual. I love it, but, I commute from Livermore to San Jose to work 5 days a week and traffic is usually bumper to bumper on the way home. That is why the Saturn is a auto. Because I am pretty sure I would go insane having to drive a clutch in that traffic every day.

Comment

My old Altima SER and my current MR2 (both DD's of course) are both manual, and as much as I love the control and extra fun you get with a manual just cruising around, let alone in the 1/4 mile, auto X or drift events, for a DD that is simply to cruise around and look good in (what my DD will be after I decide if I'm going to build up the MR2 or pick up another project), I'm starting to entertain the idea of an auto.
            1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
            Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

my DD is a manual. i wish my "weekend" car was manual. its really the only way to do it. if you can handle driving a car that scrapes everywhere and you live in fear of manhole covers, i think you can handle a 3rd pedal in traffic
              2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
              2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
              1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Manual... I start to head nod in traffic in auto.

I like em dropped.

Comment

You will always have more control over the car with a manual than an auto.. Cars wouldn't even be interesting to me in automatic.

Comment

Mines a manual. I wouldn't want to do it any other way unless I had a huge, luxury vehicle or something.

Comment

every single car i've ever owned ( all two of them) have been manual, i learned to drive on stick. I dont even think about it anymore, i dont "think" about shifting, my brain just automatically does it. The only time it sucks is in EXTREME traffic, where its constant stop and go, other than that i dont notice it.

its kind of a shame that they're eventually going to be phased out, its gonna be a "lost art"

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                        every single car i've ever owned ( all two of them) have been manual, i learned to drive on stick. I dont even think about it anymore, i dont "think" about shifting, my brain just automatically does it. The only time it sucks is in EXTREME traffic, where its constant stop and go, other than that i dont notice it.

its kind of a shame that they're eventually going to be phased out, its gonna be a "lost art"
                        This man speaks the truth

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

^This!
                          It always feels weird to drive an auto now, I'm always searchin for the clutch pedal. lol

Comment

manual.

all that need be said.

Comment

Originally posted by RD408 View Post
                              ^This!
                              It always feels weird to drive an auto now, I'm always searchin for the clutch pedal. lol
                              Word. I can't stand driving an auto car. I feel like I have no control over whats going on.
                              2009 VW GTI 6spd 4dr
                              1974 BMW 2002tii
                              1987 Audi 5000 CSTQ Avant

Cfleuro#

Comment

All 5 of my cars have been manual so I vote manual all the way. It really depends on the car for me though and not really whether it's stanced or not. If it's an M, it has to be manual regardless of it being stanced imo. If I'm cruising a VIP or something like that, than I'd want an auto. My truck was 5 speed, and as much as I loved it being manual for offroading and hillclimbing etc., it was mostly a slow commuter truck and I wished it was auto.

I have yet to experience an auto DD. I'm not sure if I'd love it or grow bored of it really quick.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Working...
                                X