No announcement yet.

'96 Obs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up some wheel hotness tonight. This iteration of the wagon I'm hoping to shoot for a heavily 90's themed/styled aesthetic.

Comment

• Two weeks ago I emailed VRWheels about a set of wheels they had on their site. Reasonable price but the selling point was they were 5x100 and a fantastic size. A few days go by and they finally got back to me, the wheels had already been sold they just didn't update the site.

bummer. Wasn't overly concerned since I still have the 16" BBS and they look really great on the wagon, no love loss.

However, in typical Kyle fashion I kept browsing around. Two days ago I was browsing the Facebook group "5x100 Classifieds" and damn near fell out of my chair.

Another set of wheels had popped up, same sizing as the one on VRWheels I was looking at. Offsets were different but they were 17x8 +29/+35. PERFECT. Absolute best part they were 2 miles away from my work. A few messages later and I picked these up yesterday.

Blitz 01's. Super stoked on these. They need to be refinished which will be easy since they're already apart. Not going to go nuts just keep it simple. Everything is slowly coming together.

Comment

• Nice, congrats on finding those. Pumped to see how you have them finished.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Me too. I also have something in the works for the Dart. Kinda of in a catch 22 with the current loan and crap so if i'm gonna have it a little longer, why not mod it, right?

Comment

• going to drop some silverado updates here too...

I've been on the parts hunt this past week. Collecting what I can as long as it's a deal lol Landed clear APC tail lights for the silverado which are SUPER rare to find. I jumped on them immediately. The guy had them on LetGo but wasn't responding so I tracked him down VIA his name and facebook lol

I'm also a huge fan of 90's parts and looks. That being said I scored a TWO sets of Weld Racing Wheels. One set being 17x10 the other 22x12. Normally the prices are astronomical but not these, they need work but I'm super excited.

Comment

• Some actual decent updates. Hoping to get the Blitz powder coated within a month then source some side skirts and then place my order with ChargeSpeed. Picked up a bumper a few weeks ago do I can start working on SOMETHING.

Picking up a replacement 4EAT this weekend. Was going to go 5 or 6 speed but knee issues from football have been plaguing me lately so I'm not trying to push it. It'll stay auto for now. Got in touch with a local powder coater who does some great work. Decided on a plan for the Blitz. Brushed Faces/Barrels.

Other than that I've been slowly collecting parts.

Comment

• With "OBS" I was expecting a Ford Truck, what does it stand for in this case?
                I like the wheels. Awesome finish.

Comment

• Outback Sport ! Don't know if it's what anyone else calls it but that's how I always referenced it lol Thanks ! It's always an internal fight when it comes to figuring out a wheels finish, probably the only thing I struggle with when I build something.

Comment

• That finish on those o.z. wheels though
                    E34 build thread link
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
                    e_dirty_4

Comment

• Cant wait to see the wheels, Dave does some awesome work.
                      Last edited by hinrichs; 03-18-2019, 10:30 AM.
                      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• It's been a good week. After emailing Evasive Motorsports after a week of no updates on my lip..

It magically showed up ! I think everyone has a manufacturer they love, mine happens to be Chargespeed and Cwest lol

Also scooped some STi seats as well

Definitely need to be cleaned but wasn't going to pass on them at the price they were. Side skirts SHOULD be showing up soon. Not much left as far as the exterior goes; grille, mirrors and head lights and that should just about do it for the outside.

Comment

• Good update. Stoked to see all this make its way on the car.

Comment

• Not much in the realm of groundbreaking updates. Started cleaning out the inside of the Subaru and tossed the old seats. Pulling the carpet tomorrow to pressure wash it clean. Then will toss in the STi seats and continue to clean and remove anything else.

The plan right now is basically remove things I don't want and replace some broken things from the previous owner. Starting "bare bones" and build it back up instead of jumping all over. Wedding is creeping up so I'm not trying to kill my funds lol

Comment

• Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you
                              E34 build thread link
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
                              e_dirty_4

Comment

• Before and after of the interior

And an updated shot

Assembled the Blitz today and looking for a cheap set of tires to toss on so I can get an idea of how everything will flow. Hoping to put the lip and bumper on next weekend as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X