'96 Obs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 Obs

Picked up a 96 Impreza Outback yesterday for $350.00. It's not in terrible shape but it needs love. My goal for right now is to get it running and take care of some little things here and there.

The previous owner replaced a the starter, Front 02 Sensor, Coil pack and #4 injector.

He said the motor and trans are shot. Ran perfectly before he changed the timing belt and wouldn't start after he replaced it. So i'm hoping to start with that problem and take it from there!

Current plans are :

-Gauge cluster
    -Taillights
    -Headlights/Fog lights
    -Battery
    -Get it running
    -Replace whatever needs to be (OEM wise)

Not looking to build a rocket. I want it running and enjoy it.After the above ^^
    -Vr 6 Front end
    -17x9 wheels
    -BC coils
    -Trust DD Exhaust
    -Low
    Last edited by saturnstance; 08-12-2014, 08:03 AM.

Plans seem legit & proper.

Comment

Seems like a good deal, any wheels plans?

Comment

I have no idea on wheels. Bolt pattern is 5x100 so I may swap to 5x114, but i know im not buying rotas or anything like that. haha

Possibly something from rotiform. I'm open to anything really haha.

Comment

When a car is this cheap then I would't care if it had rotas, but rotiform are worth 10 times this car why not buy a better car?

Comment

Personal preference I guess. I've never really been a fan of Rotas. I had a set on my saturn when I owned it. I say no rotas but my mind could change. I'm a big fan of 2 and 3 piece wheels.

Comment

Since it was gorgeous out today went over to the garage and did some work.

Removed the hood, front bumper and headlights. Also unloaded the trunk of a bunch of spare parts that came with it.

Ordered new headlights and amber corner lights too.

Got offered a 2000 RS motor with less than 100k on it for $150.00. going to pick it up within the next week or so and start doing work on that as well.

Comment

Seems legit so far, keep it up!
                sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Seems like a good deal

Comment

Seems like a good deal, any wheels plans?

Comment

Wheels plans will be decided after its low and running. Main focus is getting it drivable haha. I want something 17x9 in 5x100.

Comment

motor and trans are shot... ran perfectly BEFORE he changed the timing belt, then wouldn't start.... sounds more like he didn't know what he was doing and it just needs to be timed.

Comment

That's what my thoughts are. I'm going to really tear in to it tomorrow. But if I do it properly and grab a battery it should start no problem.

Comment

As for the transmission. The lock out switch is broken.

Comment

it's a solid list, have you tried turning the crank by hand?

in 5x100 I'd fit some of the sti bbs's or some adapters for another oem wheel before a set of cast rotiforms, my $.02

Comment

Working...
                              X