'96 Obs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Seats are in. I ordered some misc. stuff for the interior and an antenna delete for the outside. Little by little shes getting there. I grabbed some 205/40s for the blitz temporarily so I can get as much as I can on the car to get an idea of how everything will flow. obviously a lot has to come back off the car at some point for paint etc. I know the car inside out so it's not an issue taking it apart lol

Comment

• Drove an hour yesterday morning to pick up some dash blanks and the HVAC trim. Interior is about 75% done. Some small stuff to take care of, like finding an OEM radio. It's the little things.

Comment

• love seeing this get cleaned up again

Comment

• getting there. these cars are so cheap but parts are a little harder to come by now lol I have access to part numbers for everything but a lot has been discontinued. I've never been happier to work on something than I have this.

Comment

• New door handle showed up today, as did my grimmspeed antenna delete and the achilles tires. Also paint matched the roof rails.

Comment

• welp. getting an idea on how everything will look. picking up STi floor mats and a color matched bumper this weekend. Hopefully painting the lip as well and side skirts.

Comment

• Having too much fun again with this thing. STi floor mats are in, gave the wiper arms a quick coat of black (it's crazy what a little paint does) and got around to finding a proper rear wiper delete/plug.

Comment

• The wipers on my RX7 were white from when the PO spraybombed the whole car. Painting them black again was somehow monumental.

Comment

• I've slowly come to enjoy the smaller, less exciting things I do to the car / any car than the larger stuff. More satisfaction.

Comment

• Alas, I found a paint matched bumper and an OEM head unit WITH the optional CD player.

Blitz are gone but BBS are being refinished and will go on with a meaty tire set up. Going to order a chargespeed rear lip to match the front. Also waiting to order mirrors. Think I'm going to go with Rally style since I don't feel like spending the dough on ganadors. Then all that's really left for the exterior is paint and body work. That's all I got for now lol
                        Last edited by saturnstance; 06-09-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Welp. Back with some unfortunate news. Started digging into the rust on the car to see what my plan of attack was and...I Decided to part out and scrap the car. I'm okay with some rust and fixing it but there comes a point where it's not worth it. With that said I've already parted out 90% of it and it'll be scrapped at the end of the week. But in other news...

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...94#post1609894

Comment

• Totally understand depending on how bad the rust was. Im excited for the other project.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Glad you parted it out at least, somebody got some nice parts

Comment

Working...
                              X