How to Combat a Scammer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Combat a Scammer?

So, trading wheels is nothing new to me. I've done it a few times but it has always been between people I knew.

Well I had recently put the wheels on my rx7, some mustang wheels, up for sale or for trade on some mustang forums. I just wanted some different drift spares, didn't like the look of the bullitts. One guy texts me about a trade, and well it seemed really weird so I just never contacted te guy again. I'm not saying he was a scammer I just wasn't comfortable with it.

My question is this. What course of action can you take if you do agree to trade and nothing comes of it? I began pondering this when I got uneasy with the guy because I know PayPal claims are a pretty simple process, but is there really anything you can do if you are trading and you get shortchanged wheels? Small claims court? Or are you SOL?

Thanks guys.

Sent from Somewhere using Something.
    Originally posted by SeanDub
    But of all the things you could Jew out on, suspension probably shouldn't be your first pick.

There are 2 things to consider when dealing with purchasing/trading/selling.

1. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is

2. If you don't feel comfortable with the situation, absolutely do NOT feel like you have to go through with it. Go with your gut feeling. It won't steer you wrong.

Comment

I personally only do shipping trades with people I know or have a rep I can trust. If not, they can ship to me first and then I will ship to them since I have a rep and it's obvious I wouldn't jeopardize that just to get a free set of wheels.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

^this
        BUSTER!
        Low Standards
        Seffer on the Stanceworks
        sigpic

Comment

I agree with everything said, I was more just curious because I recently felt like someone was trying to scam me and I wanted to know if there was anything legal I could do. Sure I could show up on someone's doorstep asking for my wheels back, but I wondered if you could fight back legally too.
          Originally posted by SeanDub
          But of all the things you could Jew out on, suspension probably shouldn't be your first pick.

Comment

Trust in God. All others pay cash.

Also, Mustang owners are sketchy. Go with your gut. I've always had the trader ship wheels to me before I send a set out. I don't trust anyone,
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Working...
            X