This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a photography student

a friend of mine is trying to get some money for photography equipment.

if you don't want to donate, just go to his site and click the ad's on the bottom of the page. he still gets money for it. thanks guys.

He should list what lenses he's looking for. Some photographers may be willing to donate those as well.

Comment

i sent him an email telling him to list them.

Comment

How many lenses does he need? I only have one lens which cost me 200 bucks new and while it is not great, it is definitely adequate enough to produce shots that people will pay for.
        Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

he updated the site

-Alternatively, if for whatever reason you happen to be a very generous photographer that would like to donate a lens, I am going to purchase the following Canon lenses:

* 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
          * 17-40mm f/4L
          * 85mm f/1.8

Comment

I **** to be the thorn here, but sites like this bother me tremendously. He will feel much more accomplished if he buys the lenses himself. It takes work, practice with what you have and market yourself. Take the earned money and buy the lenses. Lenses and bodies can go a long way, but if the person behind the camera doesn't have the vision then its all pointless.

If he is using college as an excuse then he is not making this a priority. If he truly wanted the lenses and felt that they were necessary then he would find a way to save/ earn the money as a way to accomplish that goal.
            “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Haha, photography student in need asking for L glass?
              FlickR

"What really goes on in the mind of a n**** that gets down for theirs? Constantly, money over bitches."

Comment

Does he have a job?
                1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

its just a dollar. if you don't want to help that's cool. keep in mind, some people are more fortunate than others.

Comment

Originally posted by codytheoutlaw View Post
                    its just a dollar. if you don't want to help that's cool. keep in mind, some people are more fortunate than others.
                    yeah well I hope he has a job then. I'm sure there's things he could be doing to save that 'dollar' you're asking everyone for.

ie: not drinking alcohol. Or smoking.
                    Ben Purkiss Design
                    My Design Blog

Comment

Originally posted by codytheoutlaw View Post
                      keep in mind, some people are more fortunate than others.
                      and they all got there through their own hard work or those before them. No one made a fortune by just sitting back and taking handouts.

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Originally posted by J.Owen View Post
                        and they all got there through their own hard work or those before them. No one made a fortune by just sitting back and taking handouts.
                        I'm not trying to argue. I already said if you don't want to help, its cool. I'm just saying some people have it harder than others.

Comment

Not trying to argue either, and I truly am saying this to try and help him out. I currently work as a graphic artist and photographer for an advertising/ marketing firm.

If he truly has it harder then others and their is a reason keeping him from affording these lenses, then that is what he needs to promote. Appeal to the good of the people and draw some empathy from them. He can't simply step out and say "I can't afford them" and expect them to give you handouts. People need a reason to believe that they are doing good by donating money. Blowing up a severely aging tower is not going to do it.

Again, this isn't an argument, but more of a suggestion. Mike needs to make people believe in him. At least show sample work.

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Originally posted by J. Evins View Post
                            Haha, photography student in need asking for L glass?
                            Seriously.

Comment

+1 if he has some medical condition or something or has some other big reason why he has no money besides he is a broke college student (arent we all??) then telling people would only help his cause. other than that, i dont see any need to help him out. there are much better forms of charity in my opinion.

starving kid in africa, homeless guy down the street, some poor kid with a life threatening disease, or a kid who is in college who can't afford a camera lense who i dont even know if he has a job or not? hmm, i can't decide.

just trying to help you/your friend out. good luck
                              1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                              Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X