Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think working his way up (like most photographers) is a good way to learn what it means to budget, to make the most of your gear, and to succeed. Handing him a couple high dollar lenses is not going to help his career as much as the experience he'd get making due with less. If you hand him $2500 in L glass, you're just emphasizing that the gear is what matters. That is the problem these days - photographers put way too much focus on equipment, rather than what really matters - the photographer.

If I were him, I'd ask for donations instead - Old flashes, triggers, etc? Getting involved in lighting would really give him a chance to learn some new things! I know I've got old triggers and miscellaneous gear that I'd be happy to give to anyone who is dedicated to learning the ropes.

I think if he does make some money, good for him - I hope someone takes him under their wing and gives him some good advice on how to spend it.
    Last edited by J. Evins; 12-16-2009, 06:39 PM.
    FlickR

"What really goes on in the mind of a n**** that gets down for theirs? Constantly, money over bitches."

Comment

Working...
    X